Where do u upload ur pix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozkid88

Feb 15, 2007
Australia!
phosgraphe.carbonmade.com
hi... i'm looking for a nice reliable website where i can upload my pixs, hopefully one that has no limitations, can like organise into sets or collections, has archiving and does not take too long to upload the pix... any recomendations??? or maybe jus name what you are using? is flickr good???

hi... i'm looking for a nice reliable website where i can upload my pixs, hopefully one that has no limitations, can like organise into sets or collections, has archiving and does not take too long to upload the pix... any recomendations??? or maybe jus name what you are using? is flickr good???
Flickr.com is surely one of the most recommended. :thumbsup:

There are many other online photo-gallery that you can use, the Clubsnap Gallery is one of them already.

flickr at $40 per year only...very cheap...

Use Picassa 2, they will auto convert and host on google. Can store quite high resolution.

I use Smugmug. But you have to pay.

hmm... thx for the many suggestions...:) yea...like the way flickr is organised and stuff... i dunno abt Multiply.com though... is there a limit to how many picx u can upload there? at first i was hoping to find a free online site tt can hold unlimited pics and at the same time dun need to pay...haha but oh well... yi fen qian yi fen huo(in chi)..haha, any other sites to reccomend?

hmm... thx for the many suggestions...:) yea...like the way flickr is organised and stuff... i dunno abt Multiply.com though... is there a limit to how many picx u can upload there? at first i was hoping to find a free online site tt can hold unlimited pics and at the same time dun need to pay...haha but oh well... yi fen qian yi fen huo(in chi)..haha, any other sites to reccomend?

multiply.com then...

multiply.com then...

multiply has limit.. and I dont like how they convert the pics...

so which free site is the best? its only picasaweb that comes into mind

multiply has limit.. and I dont like how they convert the pics...

so which free site is the best? its only picasaweb that comes into mind
multiply limit is only on the file dimension/size and not the quantity of image. they do store high resolution image for certain time frame(primary for ppl interested to make print), but they are not viewable at full resolution(use to be viewable in the past, but was changed just recently). the lower resolution they display is enough to fill up browser screen estate of a monitor with 1280 by 800pixel, might be small to some, but definitely more than good as a web image.

personally i don upload images larger than 0.5mp onto multiply, 1) its not made for print, 2) keep it small for faster uploading and viewing.

Flickr

Flickr is quite intuitive to use.
For more pics, collections and sets, you need a flickr pro account.
Depends on if you wish to pay for it.

Flickrpro gets my vote too, though I wish the service has a few more options especially being able to set the size of the default image.

Currently with Flickr Pro!

Still need to get my album filled with good images but so far, its been a good experience with them.

flickr or flick pro depending on subjective needs.

even for free basic account:
it is convenient, 200 photos( alot if you are a beginner), allows easy comments, able to join groups, variety in groups and lotsa good pool of images to learn from.

plus its under yahoo, so you dont have much to worry :D

i use photobucket for graphics storage it is passable but not for viewing due to the hectic layout :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.