Where do u go for shoot? How often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you all go for shoot on a regular day? I mean , do u go shooting every week? every other day? once a month? Where do you go? zoo? birdpark? botanical gardens? u can only go there so many times right? I was a little lazy to go too far and tried to go shooting in westmall. but it just felt funny.. haha.. felt like wearing a mask. so where do u all go? shoot in kopitiam?

i can go punggol everyday for 5 days, have done it before

if you are really interested, getting good shots, many a time which is dependent on the light, will allow you to remain interested in a place.

Depend on my free time and what i want to shoot. :)

Get all the lenses you can afford, then spread out the shoot on weekly basis, long lenses for bird or zoo, prime for portrait, wide angle for landscape,macro for insects. Life won't be so boring anymore.:bsmilie: Intend to get TS for architecture.;p IMO Macro is the hardest kind and may keep you going back for more until you know how to master it , that's when you start appearing in B&S section :bsmilie:

Depends on what you wan to shoot and the weather/time of the day as well ( as i shoot mainly macro/landscape)

depending on free time, place wise very subjective.. depends on where I feel like going at the point of time ba.. nowhere specific

I really would like to take more candid and street shots.. think i am going to wear a hat and look japanese and take pics of pple in orchard. If they think i am a tourist, maybe i wont get funny stares from pple, nor angry rants from those camera shy. haha

I really would like to take more candid and street shots.. think i am going to wear a hat and look japanese and take pics of pple in orchard. If they think i am a tourist, maybe i wont get funny stares from pple, nor angry rants from those camera shy. haha
Sorry I digress for a second from the topic...
You've got a good point.
Dressed like a tourist... I have always wanted to ask, how do you guys dress while on candid shoots so as: 1. not to attract attention, 2. be discreet in photographing people? Would love to have some ideas from all.

hmm I've not tried to dress like a tourist, just tees n jeans and out to shoot.
though i prefer to use longer lenses for candids, just to get some distance..

When I put on a hat I usually attract more attention and funny stares than without one. :)

1d33_1_sbol.JPG

Haha sometimes i dont dare shoot candid... Scared people angry. But when i do i try to act like i not shooting them/ pretend my camera is turned off... But so far i've not really tried candids of people i duno unless it's an event like NDP etc.

In question to the thread, usually i try go to interesting places to shoot lo, like bird park, beaches, marina barage etc... But i try to bring my camera everywhere. Like there was once i had an hour free and my camera with me, so i went to mrt station to shoot... Done already went to meet my family haha. How often... I would say maybe once a week or so. Usually i prefer practising at home (light painting etc) cos sometimes i lazy go out shoot and also parents dont allow me to anyhow go out. One of my friend suggested to get on a bike, bring camera and shoot neighbourhood, which i think is a good idea, just havent tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.