Where do I go from here?

pupuce

Oct 7, 2010
5124514361_4ecb81b3e1_b.jpg

Lake Titicaca, Guatemala

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
composition, colours and angle

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
a sense of vastness

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I arrived at this lake at about 130pm after a few hours of horse riding to get here. Sun was strong and harsh.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i like the colors on the sky and the sea. This is one my favourite photo of the ten of thousands I have snap while backpacking for 15 months. i would really like to hear what you guys have to say.

Your effort has paid off :thumbsup:. Indeed a sense of vastness. The subject of interest is right in the centre and it really stands out , and the horizon is indeed horizontal (so no need for protractor).

Who is the person on the jetty?

everything is great except i would like to place the subject slightly to the left or right to empashize direction, as far as the eye is concerned but thats just me. Good job though, hope to see more!

Cheers
www.jerichocillo.com

Your effort has paid off :thumbsup:. Indeed a sense of vastness. The subject of interest is right in the centre and it really stands out , and the horizon is indeed horizontal (so no need for protractor).

Who is the person on the jetty?

I recall wondering if I should place the subject at either side following the 1/3 rule but I also wanted to capture the little speck of the boat in the photo in order to emphasis on the vastness of the lake. (incidentally, the lake is indeed bigger than SIngapore)

The person on the jetty is the other one and only Singaporean I met while on the journey:thumbsup: At that point, we were both missing home so much and it was without a question that we will travel together for a little - learning spanish and travelling in Guatemala.

Thank you for feedback. Is it too blue?
I'll have to google protractor.. have no idea wth is that!! :)

protractor
protractor_25799_lg.gif

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/25700/25799/protractor_25799_lg.gif

I think the blue is still acceptable.

Lovely feeling of vastness and also nicely exposed.
But the composition doesn't quite go with the title "where do I go from here?".

One nitpick: His head is being 'cut' by the horizon.

The blue is good.

I kinda like the photo a lot. Two thumbs up!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It is fortunate you didnt apply the rule of thirds here. A strong sense of perspective.

An image of awe. Good job! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Contrary to another CSer's point of view, I find the horizon to be tilted to the left at first glance.

Great picture, only nitpick being that the person's head is at the horizon... A slightly higher vantage would be perfect.

Contrary to another CSer's point of view, I find the horizon to be tilted to the left at first glance.

Great picture, only nitpick being that the person's head is at the horizon... A slightly higher vantage would be perfect.

could i suggest a long exposure? i'm sensing the cloudy sea might be a better image somehow.:think:

could i suggest a long exposure? i'm sensing the cloudy sea might be a better image somehow.:think:

If there is no person on the jetty, a LE will work very well...

or if the person is willing to pose and stay still, LE can work too...

But in this case, I think very hard. ;)