Where do distributors of Singapore import their camera from

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildsoyabean

Sep 28, 2008
Does anyone have any clues on how shops like CP/AP, etc import their camera from?

ie nikon directly from japan or via some other distributor?

this is trade secret~

if I tell you, I'll have to kill u.

this is trade secret~

if I tell you, I'll have to kill u.

u are welcome to do that and also the rest: squash me, drink me, boil me, eat me, make me into beancurd/soyabean drink/facial products/oil/etc, plant me, take photo of me :bsmilie:

Does anyone have any clues on how shops like CP/AP, etc import their camera from?

All the brands (nikon, canon, sony, etc etc) have a local sales office, or at the least a local official importer/distributor. In some cases, the shop themselves may be the official distributor for certain brands (like bag or tripod brands, etc)

Your question is a bit funny, all the major brands have a Singapore office where we get warranty from. So you think they all just sit around and wait for repair? Of course they are selling to these shops.

somewhere in bt timah hill got a quarry where Dslrs and lenses are mined. dun tell anyone hor.

Your question is a bit funny, all the major brands have a Singapore office where we get warranty from. So you think they all just sit around and wait for repair? Of course they are selling to these shops.

i dont think so. these shop only perform repair/warrenty service.

I believe Canon Singapore is the distributor for Canon cameras in SG. Their office is at Harbourfront.

Nikon is in Fuji Xerox Tower (Anson Road)

They both take care of distribution as well as warranty.

Last edited:
i dont think so. these shop only perform repair/warrenty service.

The Service Centre is NOT the same thing as the regional Sales Office.

Yes Canon harbourfront does the marketing/sales and servicing for Canon locally available products.

Esle who do you think draws up deals like Canon-BrawnGP or Canon-Straits Times-Laos SEA Games packages?

If you're talking about grey camera sets (parallel imports bypassing official distributors), it is Hong Kong. And it is not surprising in lieu of the tax incentives. :)

they bring the cameras in from Batam by high power speed boats, landed on Punggol beach during mid night.

i heard its mostly from malaysia. they tied the cameras to styrofoam and float it over the johor straits. then bangalas will pick up and carry on their bikes and send to the stores.

for warranty sets , from the brand itself ..
for grey sets .. japan , hk etc ..

and they resell to developing country

they take cheapest economy flight to Japan with huge empty suitcases, wait outside the camera factories and fill up the suitcases with whatever they need to buy before taking the flight bome........... thats why cameras are cheaper in Hong Kong.... shorter flight

they take cheapest economy flight to Japan with huge empty suitcases, wait outside the camera factories and fill up the suitcases with whatever they need to buy before taking the flight bome........... thats why cameras are cheaper in Hong Kong.... shorter flight
Hi Ed,

So, if I buy cameras in Japan its cheaper there isn't it? :)

HS

To TS, if you call them directly, perhaps you get extra discount for Nikon or Canon, since according to Ed, it's cheaper to get it when you are closer to the factory......:(:

Nikon:
Fuji Bldg., 2-3 Marunouchi 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo, 100-8331, Japan

+81-3-3214-5311
-----------------------------------
Canon:

Canon Inc. Headquarters
Address
30-2, Shimomaruko 3-chome, Ohta-ku, Tokyo 146-8501, Japan
Telephone
+81 3 3758 2111

Last edited: