Where can you get the 77mm F1.8 Limited edition in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyloong

Jun 29, 2005
Hello everybody. Does anyone know where can i get the above lens? And how much is it in singapore?

Hello everybody. Does anyone know where can i get the above lens? And how much is it in singapore?

You can order it from Cathay Photo - 63374274 (or Shriro - 64727777 directly). Priced at around S$1050 at CP I think. It'd be abit more expensive if ordering from Shriro directly ...

Wow. It is quite expensive. Thanks for your info. I guess nobody keep stocks on this lens. Been looking for the balck one for some time. Thanks again.

If you need it fast.

Think you can order from B&H, USA or this japanese website, that I can't remember the name now.

Oh malaysia has this lens? Where can i get this lens? How much is it selling in malaysia? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the link...
But what's the conversion rate?
really no feel of their prices...are they really cheap?:think:

my one is around S$955 from Johor Bahru,but i wait for it about 2 month.

I better check on cp or ap. Hopefully i could find the black one. Most of the time you can find the silver color lens.

I was looking and i couldn't find it.

Soo hard to justfy though. It seems like a 12-24 (1100) or waiting for the 16-50 2.8 (who knows how much, but probably at leat that price) would be a better idea. The 50 1.4 on APS-C is a little like the 77 1.8 on film ;)

(yes yes, less 3d effect and no metal construction. bleah)

Read from the link below, the 3D effect is less pronounce or little on the DSLR because it was design for film. The purpose of owning one is more of joy, pride and song. I was thinking of getting one eventually too for the bokeh.

Pay attention to Hates13 as he is the well respected knowledgeable guy in the forum. Hope this helps.

http://forum.pentaxfans.net/showthread.php?t=37687

Hello fellow pentaxian. Thank you guys for all the quick reply and info. I was lucky enough to have purchase the 77mm limited in malaysia. Black color body which is what i wanted. Haven't have the time to really test it. But I must say some of the shots are truely exceptional. Construction of the lens is built like a tank. Now just have to find something to shot. He he he.

Just curious. I got a 85mm f1.4 nikkor and I realised that there is green fringing at the OOF areas.

Seems that the canon counterpart also has this problem.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=239790

Does pentax 77mm f1.8 has this problem too?

Just curious. I got a 85mm f1.4 nikkor and I realised that there is green fringing at the OOF areas.

Seems that the canon counterpart also has this problem.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=239790

Does pentax 77mm f1.8 has this problem too?

Yes, 77/1.8 has the same 'problem' at big aperture. It goes away when stop down abit. That's pretty common to most fast lenses I think. My 50/1.2 has the same 'problem' (well, I don't call it a problem but more or less like a characteristic ;)).

Cheers,

Haven't really tested the lens yet. I guess feng wei should know best since he has the lens for some time liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.