Where can you find Photography School in Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blowblue

Jan 20, 2007
I'm wondering if there is any place in Asia (Singapore or Hong Kong or Taiwan) where they have a formal photography school to teach you? Let me know thanks!

In Japan they might have.

But might be better to go to US. If u graduate from a famouus school there, clients will look at u in awe. Just to name a few:

Brooks Institute of Photography - Santa Barbara, CA
The Academy of Art University in San Francisco
RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)
School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Rhode Island School of Design

Tell them I sent u. They might give u a discount (joking). ;)

wow but wouldnt it cost a lot to study in the us and it doesnt ensure that you can get a job related to photography here does it?:think:

japan! i heard u cant even be photographer assistant if u didnt graduate from a photography institute there.

Looking for guarantees? Forget about photography. Study medicine. :)

wow but wouldnt it cost a lot to study in the us and it doesnt ensure that you can get a job related to photography here does it?:think:

Very true.... Bosses here in Singapore look for cheap and good instead of paper qualifications.

I graduated from the Rochester Institute of Technology in the US with a MFA degree in Photography, and it took me 9 months of job hunting before a company here is willing to offer me a reasonable salary (FYI, still > S$2,000 before CPF).

forget about school, get a head start and become an assistant, there u will learn.

forget about school, its a waste of time, go take a course instead learn what u need.

forget about school earn as you learn, assist,

forget about school you spend money and time, learning things that are out of date and not very commercial.

lastly, the money you save from school can be put into good use

Status
Not open for further replies.