where can shoot, where cannot shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
i know this has been discussed a couple of times already.
but i would really like to know, as our photographer's rights, where can we shoot and where we cant?

i know private property is out of bounds.
trespassing is also illegal.

so, where does these rules leave us to shoot?:dunno:

sometimes, it's sucky.you're in the mood to shoot, and almost everywhere, photography aint really allowed.
duh:rolleyes:

Banks cannot shoot. Not even the outside. Esplanade you cannot use too many cameras or Cameras that's too professional. The guards like to make noise.

Application to shoot at least 2 weeks prior to the event is encouraged. If you are studying than must get e school's approval if it's project work.
Alot of places restrict e use of cameras but if u apply than at least e chances r there n u will not be unnecessarily thrown out of e building.

Banks cannot shoot. Not even the outside. Esplanade you cannot use too many cameras or Cameras that's too professional. The guards like to make noise.

what's the difference between DSLR and compacts? both are cameras too. so how do you define "Cameras that're too professional"? sometimes, this kinda rules are pretty lame and stupid. and whoever comes out with such remarks are stupid.

you mean to say that i can shoot with compacts but not DSLRs? interesting logic eh?

by the way bro, i'm not referring "you" to yourself (i.e., ZDragon). i'm referring to the rule makers.

what's the difference between DSLR and compacts? both are cameras too. so how do you define "Cameras that're too professional"? sometimes, this kinda rules are pretty lame and stupid. and whoever comes out with such remarks are stupid.

you mean to say that i can shoot with compacts but not DSLRs? interesting logic eh?

by the way bro, i'm not referring "you" to yourself (i.e., ZDragon). i'm referring to the rule makers.

yes.my exact sentiments.

just because my camera is bigger than others, that defines it as a pro camera?aiyo.

seriously, we're very limited to places where we can shoot in singapore already.:(

you want shoot everywhere?? use handphone camera. no one will bother you, think you using the phone only...

you want shoot everywhere?? use handphone camera. no one will bother you, think you using the phone only...

hp cam shooting to me aint photography.

dress like a tourist...most of them will close one eye. Very much double standards here, can't help it. :bheart:

if they are concerned with the security of the building/area, then they should pay more attention to people using compacts. as these device are small, people can use them to take pictures secretly.

why bother with those using big, chunky and black DSLRs? we can't take pictures discretely using these behemoths of a camera. sometimes, when tourists take pictures... it is ok. but when local buffs start to take... kena chased. what a load of crap.

anyway, if want to ban picture taking in tight security areas... ban cameras totally. no discrimination please. then it would make some sense in the rules.

i know this has been discussed a couple of times already.
but i would really like to know, as our photographer's rights, where can we shoot and where we cant?

i know private property is out of bounds.
trespassing is also illegal.

so, where does these rules leave us to shoot?:dunno:

sometimes, it's sucky.you're in the mood to shoot, and almost everywhere, photography aint really allowed.
duh:rolleyes:

your mama's house. :bsmilie:

if they are concerned with the security of the building/area, then they should pay more attention to people using compacts. as these device are small, people can use them to take pictures secretly.

why bother with those using big, chunky and black DSLRs? we can't take pictures discretely using these behemoths of a camera. sometimes, when tourists take pictures... it is ok. but when local buffs start to take... kena chased. what a load of crap.

anyway, if want to ban picture taking in tight security areas... ban cameras totally. no discrimination please. then it would make some sense in the rules.

i think its more likely those security are there juz to make a living...if its a big camera, definitely they have to "work" and restrict users, coz if management see nothing is done, the security kena "goreng" hahahaha

if its compact, usually the excuse "cant see", "didnt know" , "too small"....they know management cant hold them to task. That's why they dun clamp down on small cams, they action action round up the big guns just to show that they are "working". :bsmilie:

The problem lies with the management, its matter how they manage their staff, and welfare. Im sure if they are well looked after, no camera rules will be strictly enforced no matter what or how. Not sparing the tourists as well.

Then again...singapore very scared to lose face also, they scared kena complain by tourists by tourist attraction being frigid, rigid, etc , of not allowing photography.
Then how? Double standards lor....locals usually take the blunt. :bheart:

And they can't blame us for using guerilla tactics to take the photos we want. Want to take, can, don't get caught lor. :sweatsm:

I was at the Esplanade with my other half. We took out our DSLRs and the guard started to close in on us claiming that as we are using professional cameras. We catch too much attention. sigh.

I was at the Esplanade with my other half. We took out our DSLRs and the guard started to close in on us claiming that as we are using professional cameras. We catch too much attention. sigh.

go shoot during sat's photomarathon...confirm too many for the guards to handle....the place will be swarming with photographers. haaaa :bsmilie:

i guess as long as you are on public ground you can shoot whatever you want....

there are many grey areas with regards to that. Esplanade is a public place built with the Money of the Public. But it's a private establishment as well.

I was stopped by security for shooting office/commerical buildings. They insisted on viewing what I've taken on my camera.

Sianz man ...

anyone interested in snapping Goh Chok Tong's residence? Want to check how fast the Gurkhas will bear down on me! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.