Where can i try out DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytbryan

Oct 9, 2008
Hi Everybody,

I want to get my first DSLR and I know that I can try it out at any shops. But when i go to the shops, they tend to want me to buy it.

Anybody has a place to recommend where i can try out the DSLR? harvey norman? best denki? but which location?

Thank you very much.

Hi Everybody,

I want to get my first DSLR and I know that I can try it out at any shops. But when i go to the shops, they tend to want me to buy it.

Anybody has a place to recommend where i can try out the DSLR? harvey norman? best denki? but which location?

Thank you very much.

Canon showroom at vivo

Sony showroom many everywhere

Not sure for other brands

I tend to find that those display sets at harvey norman , best denki , courts and the like have no battery ( as in bat no juice ) . I have tried out cameras at MS color, john 3:16 and cathay.

I find that MS will let you try almost all their cams while John will promote canon and nikon , thus if you wish to get canon or nikon , thats the place to go. Cathay I cant say much as it was too long ago to remember :sweat:

Any decent camera shop would most probably allow you to test out cameras.

Cathay does for sure, just tested out some stuff some months back.

I see. Thanks for all of your advices.

Cathay is cathay cineleisure? which floor?

what about the other shops? can I have the exact location? or a link?

Thanks alot

m s colour u must ask someone who is a regular customer to go to get better %%

best is jn 316 ;p :bsmilie:

I see. Thanks for all of your advices.

Cathay is cathay cineleisure? which floor?

what about the other shops? can I have the exact location? or a link?

Thanks alot

Cathay as in Cathay Photo. The 2 outlets are at Peninsula Plaza and Marina Square.
Website is at www.cathayphoto.com.sg.

For Sony DSLR can go to Wisma Atria Sony Gallary to try out.
Should have A200, A350 & A900 over there.

Hi Everybody,

Thank you very much.

For Pentax it is Shriro at Kung Chung Road or Charng Chang Road
For Olympu, should now be at Valley Point at River Valley

Canon showroom at vivo

Sony showroom many everywhere

Not sure for other brands
if u wanna try canon ,i strongly recommend canon showroom at Vivo(near the GV ticket booth)..went there to test out the DSLR(1000d and 450D)...nobody will pester you to buy since it is a showroom:)

if u wanna try canon ,i strongly recommend canon showroom at Vivo(near the GV ticket booth)..went there to test out the DSLR(1000d and 450D)...nobody will pester you to buy since it is a showroom:)
Yup, that is a great place to try canon dSLRs...

Can try nikon at its showroom an anson road... :)

Why don't go to the upcoming Sitex 2008, there should be several camera vendor there who is showcasing their dslr... With the crowd there, I don't think they would have time to bother by you...:)

For Sony DSLR can go to Wisma Atria Sony Gallary to try out.
Should have A200, A350 & A900 over there.

yup yup

tried the a900.....shiok man

:bsmilie:

can I hijack the thread abit? Does the Canon showroom have lenses to test? Was wondering where can I test a 55-250. =X

Sorry TS!

Why don't go to the upcoming Sitex 2008, there should be several camera vendor there who is showcasing their dslr... With the crowd there, I don't think they would have time to bother by you...:)

they dont have time..but will be super crowded to even get near the booth at times...:)

can I hijack the thread abit? Does the Canon showroom have lenses to test? Was wondering where can I test a 55-250. =X

Sorry TS!
Hmm... They have dSLR with attached kit lenses I think, didn't see any other lenses to test, maybe have to ask the staff for it...

I know nikon showroom can ask the staff for the lens and they will take for you to test... :D

Hmm... They have dSLR with attached kit lenses I think, didn't see any other lenses to test, maybe have to ask the staff for it...

I know nikon showroom can ask the staff for the lens and they will take for you to test... :D

can i check where is the nikon showroom

Status
Not open for further replies.