Where can i try out DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytbryan

Oct 9, 2008
Hi Everybody,

I want to get my first DSLR and I know that I can try it out at any shops. But when i go to the shops, they tend to want me to buy it.

Anybody has a place to recommend where i can try out the DSLR? harvey norman? best denki? but which location?

Thank you very much.

chalib

Oct 4, 2007
Hi Everybody,

I want to get my first DSLR and I know that I can try it out at any shops. But when i go to the shops, they tend to want me to buy it.

Anybody has a place to recommend where i can try out the DSLR? harvey norman? best denki? but which location?

Thank you very much.
Canon showroom at vivo

Sony showroom many everywhere

Not sure for other brands

Jul 21, 2008
Singapore
I tend to find that those display sets at harvey norman , best denki , courts and the like have no battery ( as in bat no juice ) . I have tried out cameras at MS color, john 3:16 and cathay.

I find that MS will let you try almost all their cams while John will promote canon and nikon , thus if you wish to get canon or nikon , thats the place to go. Cathay I cant say much as it was too long ago to remember :sweat:

Aug 31, 2008
Any decent camera shop would most probably allow you to test out cameras.

Cathay does for sure, just tested out some stuff some months back.

ytbryan

Oct 9, 2008
I see. Thanks for all of your advices.

Cathay is cathay cineleisure? which floor?

what about the other shops? can I have the exact location? or a link?

Thanks alot

Sep 9, 2008
Hougang
m s colour u must ask someone who is a regular customer to go to get better %%

best is jn 316 ;p :bsmilie:

felixcat8888

May 8, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Everybody,

Thank you very much.
For Pentax it is Shriro at Kung Chung Road or Charng Chang Road
For Olympu, should now be at Valley Point at River Valley

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
Canon showroom at vivo

Sony showroom many everywhere

Not sure for other brands
if u wanna try canon ,i strongly recommend canon showroom at Vivo(near the GV ticket booth)..went there to test out the DSLR(1000d and 450D)...nobody will pester you to buy since it is a showroom:)

jtchoy

Oct 2, 2008
if u wanna try canon ,i strongly recommend canon showroom at Vivo(near the GV ticket booth)..went there to test out the DSLR(1000d and 450D)...nobody will pester you to buy since it is a showroom:)
Yup, that is a great place to try canon dSLRs...

Can try nikon at its showroom an anson road... :)

Anson

Jul 31, 2006
ansonchew.com
www.ansonchew.com
Why don't go to the upcoming Sitex 2008, there should be several camera vendor there who is showcasing their dslr... With the crowd there, I don't think they would have time to bother by you...:)

ombre

Sep 3, 2008
can I hijack the thread abit? Does the Canon showroom have lenses to test? Was wondering where can I test a 55-250. =X

Sorry TS!

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
Why don't go to the upcoming Sitex 2008, there should be several camera vendor there who is showcasing their dslr... With the crowd there, I don't think they would have time to bother by you...:)
they dont have time..but will be super crowded to even get near the booth at times...:)

jtchoy

Oct 2, 2008
can I hijack the thread abit? Does the Canon showroom have lenses to test? Was wondering where can I test a 55-250. =X

Sorry TS!
Hmm... They have dSLR with attached kit lenses I think, didn't see any other lenses to test, maybe have to ask the staff for it...

I know nikon showroom can ask the staff for the lens and they will take for you to test... :D

dafansu

Nov 6, 2008
Punggol
Hmm... They have dSLR with attached kit lenses I think, didn't see any other lenses to test, maybe have to ask the staff for it...

I know nikon showroom can ask the staff for the lens and they will take for you to test... :D
can i check where is the nikon showroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom