Where can I take beautiful beachside + car shot in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heurex

May 14, 2009
Hello clubsnappers!

I'm new here, so would really appreciate any form of pointers here from the veterans here.

I am doing a magazine cover shoot for my company. My idea is to have a beach in the background plus a car in it. Not many beaches in Singapore is accessible by car directly. Someone told me that Sentosa beach allows that but need to apply for a permit. Any other suggestions of some undiscovered beach/waterbodies around?

thanks!

singapore don't really have beautiful beach

:thumbsup:eek:nce u've been to beaches around the world u would think that singapore beach like longkang.....Singapore doesnt have much beaches so juz apply for Sentosa

Eh ... photoshop? :D

hahaha thanks for the ideas man, agree s'pore doesn't really have nice beaches relatively. but low budget. has to find the locale in singapore

juz a short drive up to Desaru loh.

When you say beach? Are you looking to have the car on the sand, or rather just palm trees and sand in the background?

forgot to tell you something...sentosa got "beautiful background" ;)

Follow Sembawang Rd to the end turn right at the round-a-bout onto Kg Wak Hassan and you will be as close to a beach as just about any road you can imagine. (in Singapore, assuming the road is still open) The beach is small but it might give you what you want.

Try the carparks along Nichol Dr (near Changi), you might be able to get a good sunrise shot with the water and the car.

Out towards Pasir Ris farmways there is a land reclamation loaders with a pretty big dirt rd that leads close to the water, you can walk down it to get "beach" access for photography and not be hassled by the security, not sure if they will let a car down there, but if you got the number you might be able to arrange something with management...and no I don't have the number.

Also with KM8 now defunct, you would have pretty free access to the parking lot near there, and with a few creative angles might be able to ensure lots of sand and a palm tree or two in the shot.

cyrn >> yesh, desaru is beautiful for taking beach pictures, especially the road from sungei ringgit to the main desaru resorts. trying not to go sentosa haha, too many heads around, as you said, background is "beautiful"

aselley >> thanks for the 3 locations suggestions, will spend tomorrow to check 2 out. on the map, the sembawang road looks really very very close to the edge. and the farmway! i didn't know about that either. will go there too while getting food for my dog. haha thanks!

will update this thread the results of my reccee soon =3

:thumbsup:eek:nce u've been to beaches around the world u would think that singapore beach like longkang.....Singapore doesnt have much beaches so juz apply for Sentosa

simply agreed!

even our most popular ECP - can't hold a candle to overseas beaches..

the sembawang beach is really the closest i can ever get. thanks!

a surprising discovery is the tree canopied drive to bottletree park round the corner is really nice.

i found the rest point facing the upper seletar (i think?)..just outside the mandai crematorium is good for photography also, the trees are calming and the water background is soothing.

eh ... hahha amateurish photo taking, don't dare to post up. malu.
in the end the designer for the magazine cut out the background ... hahah

huh?! the designer cut out your background?

Status
Not open for further replies.