Where can I print one magazine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRaphael

Feb 23, 2007
Pandan Gardens
I'm intending to print a magazine but have no idea where to do it!

Most places offer to print, but its really quite ex. I hope to be able to print just one copy of the magazine for less than 40 bucks.

Did a search, but nothing really came up.

Thanks!

Do u alrd have all your artwork & layout done? Or u need the publisher to do it for u??

Furthermore...

What kindda binding u looking for? Prefect bind or saddler stich?
What kindda paper u want to print on? Gloss/Matt? How thick is the paper?
Do u need offset quality or just very high quality digital print?
FYI, digital print colours not as consistant and solid, depending on the state of the machine and its colour calibaration.

If u can provide the following, i might be able to come up with a suitable recommendation for maybe ard $40 or less....:)

Last edited:
The 2 most important things you have missed out ...

1. the size of the magazine you want,

2. the number of pages

these are known:
3. glossy paper, maybe 100gsm paper

4. quantity: 1

5. design and FA provided by TS

Price: $40

The 2 most important things you have missed out ...

1. the size of the magazine you want,

2. the number of pages

these are known:
3. glossy paper, maybe 100gsm paper

4. quantity: 1

5. design and FA provided by TS

Price: $40

Orh, opps, yea. But I suppose its around A4?? Eh actually i don't think number of pages is a problem. No offence, but well, magazines... Shouldn't be thick until like text book right?

BTW, paper wise, if my memory didn't fail me, most of the magazines u see outside is printed on 90gsm high gloss coated recycled paper.

But tht paper tends to be a little problematic for digital print machines(settings muz be very accurate)..... But any experienced publisher should be able to over come tht lah.... No worries....

Orh, opps, yea. But I suppose its around A4?? Eh actually i don't think number of pages is a problem. No offence, but well, magazines... Shouldn't be thick until like text book right?
So you think a 8-pp and a 32pp makes no difference in costs? :think:

But I really doubt anyone would want to do it for $40, unless it's for charitable reason.:dunno:

So you think a 8-pp and a 32pp makes no difference in costs? :think:

Eh, for offset printing, the cost differs by alot, due to the creation of multiple templates, but if u can find someone who is willing to do digital print for u, the operational cost dun really differ by alot...:) In fact operational cost wise, is juz the paper & toner cost of printing that extra 20+ pages.... And, yes, i agree, for a publiser to print that ONE booklet for u, alot of times, its either charity or favour....

Last edited:
Do u alrd have all your artwork & layout done? Or u need the publisher to do it for u??

Furthermore...

What kindda binding u looking for? Prefect bind or saddler stich?
What kindda paper u want to print on? Gloss/Matt? How thick is the paper?
Do u need offset quality or just very high quality digital print?
FYI, digital print colours not as consistant and solid, depending on the state of the machine and its colour calibaration.

If u can provide the following, i might be able to come up with a suitable recommendation for maybe ard $40 or less....:)

Yes, i got everything done up in both JPEG and PSD format. in A4 size.

Magazine is 36 pages. First and last page to be in glossy, and the rest to be in erm, regular?

Binding wise, i guess the stapler would do actually, but I really don't know much about printing..

Any advise given would be good. I guess I could up my budget somemore...

PM-ed you alrd!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.