Where can I print my pictures to become postcard?

eedwinn

May 20, 2009
As above, where can I print the pictures I took to become something like a postcard? Recently went overseas and wanna print for friends, and didn't want to just buy the postcards off the shelves.

Please also state the cost if possible.

Thank you very much guys!

As above, where can I print the pictures I took to become something like a postcard? Recently went overseas and wanna print for friends, and didn't want to just buy the postcards off the shelves.

You can print 4R pictures at home with your own inkjet printer...

I think this format is offered by nearly all photo print shops. Do take note of the aspect ratio and prepare the images accordingly to avoid unwanted automatic cropping.

not sure how much but i think it's a good idea.. can put your own watermark for keepsake..

I think this format is offered by nearly all photo print shops. Do take note of the aspect ratio and prepare the images accordingly to avoid unwanted automatic cropping.

Oh really! I didn't know that... Thanks for the info, I shall go and ask around those normal shops. Anyway, how should the aspect ratio be? I'm really ignorant about such things...

Usually I use aspect ratio of 6:4. I would think that it's better to print your own postcards because the printers all have different colour profiles and calibrations. Unless you go to those printers with colour seperations(expensive). Coz end up, you might not get the colours that you want to achieve in print.

Seriously, go print it yourself. You can even select your own paper texture and weight. For nice prints, I'd usually go for glicée prints on archival matte paper.