Where can I learn to roller blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepokman

Mar 30, 2004
all around the world
www.yclim.net
Just wanna check with you guys,

I wanna pick up rollerblading but am not sure where I can do it.

I am looking for classes. Searched around and found skateline & inline.com. But both only have classes during weekends. Its kind of hard for me to learn during weekends as I have to work most of the time. Any one know where I can learn during weekdays but still at an affordable price?

thanks!

Haha! Look for me loh! See my nick? ;)
Anyway, Im a qualified skate instructor(IISA-ICP). Was scored Top Teacher in my Instructor course.
Use to teach for Inline Culture but now due to time, im teaching as a freelance.
I have a passion to teach skating and seeing complete newbie becoming proficient skaters enjoying the sports make me happy... :bsmilie:
I just found out that shooting on skates is really fun. Did just that yesterday at SBG..haha
PM me if any CSers are interested to pick up the sport. Best rates assured ;) If responds is good, i may organise a free lesson to all forumers here. Hope to have some kakis that shoot on skates lah.

Note. Learning to skate w/o guidance can be slow and painful.

rogersk8ter
Fun.Fitness.Freedom.

rogersk8ter said:
Anyway, Im a qualified skate instructor(IISA-ICP). Was scored Top Teacher in my Instructor course.
Use to teach for Inline Culture but now due to time, im teaching as a freelance.
I have a passion to teach skating and seeing complete newbie becoming proficient skaters enjoying the sports make me happy... :bsmilie:
I just found out that shooting on skates is really fun. Did just that yesterday at SBG..haha
PM me if any CSers are interested to pick up the sport. Best rates assured ;) If responds is good, i may organise a free lesson to all forumers here. Hope to have some kakis that shoot on skates lah.

rogersk8ter
Fun.Fitness.Freedom.

Yo! I bet you spent hunderd of dollars for the IISA course? Which level are you? I, II, or III? Don't agrees with your last line though. I know of some guys (raw beginner) who pick up skating in 2 weeks without going to class! (Of cos lah, they have me teaching them ............ :sticktong: ) I guess it really depends on the individuals. :bsmilie:

i got a friend who's an instructor....but u wont get him cheap if u want to learn....

well... i can teach ya foc la....no problem man
heheheh

rogersk8ter said:

rogersk8ter
Fun.Fitness.Freedom.
hee, me interested, provided FOC la... :p

rogersk8ter said:

PM me if any CSers are interested to pick up the sport. Best rates assured ;) If responds is good, i may organise a free lesson to all forumers here.

are you serious?!?!

I am definately interested!

If you have the interest and aren't afraid to fall (with the necessary guards of course), you can pick it up very quickly. I have taught friends how to skate within 30mins. Anyone here into slaloming? :think:

just buy a pair of inline skate and start rolling.. ;p
i just took 2 weekends to learn myself.. but don't be afraid of falling.. :D
but it necessary to buy guards for safety..

Teaching free is no a problem...in fact i do it all the time, cos im also a SAV for NPark. Or you can ask someone at ECP to show you how. The problem is, if you learn from someone who is not trained, he may teach you w/o a proper system/method. You may end up learning some bad habits which maybe difficult to correct later.
During my course, I met this instructor who have been teaching for years. He failed the test. He wasnt happy and told the testers that how can he fail if he has been teaching for years? well, the tester told him he has been teaching all the wrong things for all these years! :bsmilie:

ya totally agree on that, in fact i know how to skate but i'm pretty sure my position got bit prob... :(

hey I like to rollerblade too!! :) Can we organise a blading night/day out? Some of the experts can bring along cameras too!! Can we also do it in town instead of East Coast? East Coast boring liao leh...

rogersk8ter said:

rogersk8ter
Fun.Fitness.Freedom.

i'm interested too....

hey, i rollerblade too. it'll be good to find some kakis :)

I like to blade too - Anyone going for that charity skate to Mersing and back?? There's no way I could do 150km in a day - that is hardcore man!

meepokman said:
rogersk8ter,

i think you have a following liao :p

(1) Chenwei
(2) meepokman
(3) eduacted-ahlian <- wow :eek:

Wah! Didnt know so many skaters in CS woh.
Ok. Will organise a Free Clinic(cannot say free lesson otherwise the schools will ban me lah :bsmilie: ) for beginners if I recieve 10pax. So put your name here.

Status
Not open for further replies.