Where can I get my Nikon D40 sensor cleaned?

Abu Amin

Aug 31, 2011
Hi

Are you able to recommend somewhere reliable (and hopefully inexpensive) I can the sensor on my Nikon D40 cleaned?

Thanks in advance.

A

Hi

Are you able to recommend somewhere reliable (and hopefully inexpensive) I can the sensor on my Nikon D40 cleaned?

Thanks in advance.

A

Nikon Service Center does it for around $24.

Hi

Thanks in advance.

A

P&G Photo
Camera Hospital
NSC
Brother Fatigue (if he is free).
DIY clean (for normal dust, stubborn sticky dust, lint, stain - on surface of the sensor (AA filter), and not in between)

Frankly... this question had been asked countless number of times, please do a search in the future and you will see.

Last edited:
P&G Photo
Camera Hospital
NSC
Brother Fatigue (if he is free).

Frankly... this question had been asked countless number of times, please do a search in the future and you will see.

Best bet is still Nikon Service Centre. Even bro fatigue will ask TS to go to NSC. $24, and collect on the spot in 30mins-1hr.

Best bet is still Nikon Service Centre. Even bro fatigue will ask TS to go to NSC. $24, and collect on the spot in 30mins-1hr.

Agreed... but actually depending on why TS wanted to clean... dust particle, lint, stain or fungus. For normal dust particles, just use a blower and blow it off. If the dust was stubborn or when there was some stain or sticky dust, can either go to P&G Photo and Camera Hospital or simply get a sensor swap + chemical solution from Cathay Photo and DIY.

If it was fungus... then I would suggest TS to go to NSC, easier that way.

Actually if it was just dust, it is better for TS to learn how to DIY clean the sensor himself or he would be busy going in and out of NSC whenever a stubborn dust particle get stuck on the sensor.

(Oh... I better edit my first post to include the 5th option :))

Personally i feel the best place to go...

Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd
[Service Centre]No. 80 Anson Road, Fuji Xerox Towers, #10-01/02, Singapore 079907

Operating Hours:
Mon, Tue, Fri: 9am - 530pm
Wed and Thu: 9am - 7pm