Where can I get model kits for Gundam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Wanted to ask where can I get some modeling kit for the Gundam. Like marker, sand paper etc.. how much will it cost?

I only know one place at Sunshine Plaza.

Wanted to ask where can I get some modeling kit for the Gundam. Like marker, sand paper etc.. how much will it cost?

I only know one place at Sunshine Plaza.

That is the place I frequently go and get my amoured core kits. :)
I know there is another one at Shaw Center beach Road, 2nd floor and tiong baru plaza, I think 5th floor. :think:.....I also saw one at millieum walk food court linking to harvey noman.

Back in the old days when I was doing tamiya military scale models, I used to frequent this shop in Katong Shopping Centre called 'Morgan Hobbycraft'. I think it is still on the 2nd level, you'll be able to find lots of accessories there.

I'm not sure if this website will help... but you can try.

http://www.one35th.per.sg/model/shop_sg.htm

there is a shop at the 2nd floor on JEC at Jurong East. price wise I would say so far the shop at Sunshine give the best bang for bucks

Wah Bro... looking for what Gundam??? I only know how to make the BB Gundam. Those normal one too tough for me.

Sweet. hehehe Thanks for the help ppl! Appreciate a lot. hehe..

Wondering who is into warship making? Its one of my fav when I always see warship models

Sweet. hehehe Thanks for the help ppl! Appreciate a lot. hehe..

Wondering who is into warship making? Its one of my fav when I always see warship models

I built the Tamiya 1/700 scale Yamamoto before. It was a combined effort with another teenage friend that time... that was back in 1987 when we were crazy with Tamiya's 1/35 military scale models. We couldn't afford the air-brush then, and every little detail was hand-painted. The paint cost S$1.60 each at that time. Line up the Yamamoto with a few other 1/700 scale battle cruisers and destroyers and you got an awesome sight! :)

But battle ships were not my fav, I was more into WW2 military vehicles and figures, the German Panzer Granadiers and the M113 variants were my favourites... those were the times...

Alas, all my precious scale models were destroyed by my then-young cousins when I was in NS :cry:

if you are into modding look out for a shop at vivocity, level 2 near cinema. cheaper option.

Wah Bro... looking for what Gundam??? I only know how to make the BB Gundam. Those normal one too tough for me.

All while long, I love model of GUndam and War style.

Hitman - I love WWII stuff as well.. but it seem hard to do for those military vehicles.. I got no space to do and place them when I finish it. My wife also interested in all these.. (Look like she going to pull my ear for so many hobbies. hahaha)

aryanto - Swee. thanks man! WIll check out there!

I got a lot of cheap tools from daiso.

0.7mm pin vise, sandpaper, urethane varnish, tape, brass sheet, pliers, tweezers, fine wire, etc.

Daiso!! Idea. heee But i would't know what exactly i actually need.

By the way, how do I make the model look matt instead of glossy. How much will a cheap air brush cost. Is it easy to handle? hee

the shop in Millenia Walk and Tiong Bahru Plaza belongs to the same boss. there are other outlets islandwide... can't remember where exactly.

i just bought a 1/144 scale Sword Impulse Gundam from the Millenia Walk outlet. the lady there is very nice and helpful.

can i show something i built last time

2133878563_37a9eb5518.jpg

hehe

the shop in Millenia Walk and Tiong Bahru Plaza belongs to the same boss. there are other outlets islandwide... can't remember where exactly.

i just bought a 1/144 scale Sword Impulse Gundam from the Millenia Walk outlet. the lady there is very nice and helpful.

Wah!!! I better quickly go and look for a normal Gundam. BB all too small to fight with your Sword Impulse :bsmilie:

BTW, any wedsites with good graphic to show the proper ways to use the tools?

Daiso!! Idea. heee But i would't know what exactly i actually need.

By the way, how do I make the model look matt instead of glossy. How much will a cheap air brush cost. Is it easy to handle? hee

To make the model look matt, usually one spray of matt coating will do, I like my scale models to look 'real' or 'used', so I will usually use the dry-brush technique to weather the edges.

I'm not sure how much an airbrush will cost, back in the 80's, it was like S$200 for a set, that was an 'astronomical amount' for me back then, now... hehehe... no need to think ;p

It's not difficult to use the airbrush, the important part is in the mixing of the paint, must be 'just right', cannot be too diluted nor too thick.

Nice head! Hee... Thanks Hitman for the advise. I will try to do it when I got the time.

I saw a freaking NICE gundam at Toy r Rus recently. The scale is rather big (can't rem tho). I shall make a search ard for that model hee... SO anxious to do my Gundam (been lying there for 1 year untouch)

I think China Square mall has a LOT of shops selling Gundams and other scale models.

sweet.. thanks!!!

Darns... I cant online for MSN... totally down. Anyone got such situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.