where can I get etymotic er6i earphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i saw them before at this shop in SLS. It's on the 3rd floor, in front of you just as you come up from the escalator. They sell various audio equipment. The shop name escapes me. :p Service is not too bad. Bought quite a few mics from them b4.

any preference in which area?
city hall? or woodlands?

I think i saw them before at this shop in SLS. It's on the 3rd floor, in front of you just as you come up from the escalator. They sell various audio equipment. The shop name escapes me. :p Service is not too bad. Bought quite a few mics from them b4.

thanks! I will check em out! anyone wanna buy me for xmas? hehe

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but try Jaben Networks at the Adelphi. Opp Funan Center. Look for Uncle Wilson who will probably advice you to try several models before you decide to buy.

What a coincidence! I am looking for a pair of the same model! I've seen them being sold for US$70+ on eBay but do not know how much it is being sold locally.
:)

But how is Etymotic compared to Shure? :think:

What a coincidence! I am looking for a pair of the same model! I've seen them being sold for US$70+ on eBay but do not know how much it is being sold locally.
:)

You have to listen with your ears, taste is subjective.

I compared Etymotic ER6i with Shure E2c and felt that E2c is too laid back. Transients are better on ER6i as well as details. Bass on E2c is heavier but muddier.

Fit wise E2c is less "painful" compared to ER6i but at the end I still prefer the more secure-fit feel of the ER6i.

Only drawback of the ER6i is that it is more troublesome to put on and remove. The reward for going through that trouble is that you get better noise blocking than E2c.

Built wise E2c definitely feels more rugged than the flimsy ER6i. On ER6i I have the constant fear that I will snap the cable when removing them from my ears or when moving around.

On the technical side, E2c uses conventional dynamic speakers. That's why they are larger than ER6i, which uses balanced armature speakers. You can see what balanced armature speakers look like here:
http://www.knowlesacoustics.com/knowlesacoustics-apps/specialty_prodbycatlist.do?category_id=30

To understand more about the construction and operating principle of balanced armature speakers read this:
http://www.knowlesacoustics.com/images/pdf/KESpeaker.pdf

I believe the higher models from Shure uses balanced armature speakers, and the sound quality will be much better than the E2c.

I bought both ER6i and E2c and ended up selling the E2c. A lot of reviewers would rate the ER4 better than the ER6. I have not felt the need to upgrade to ER4...probably because I have not heard the ER4 yet. So far the ER6i sounds pretty close to my Sennheiser HD580, and I am very happy with both.

- Roy

Wow, thanks Roy for your comprehensive review! :thumbsup: A frd has recommended me to head down to Jaben Network at Adelphi to check out both ear-phones. Will try to head down soon! :)

I bought my er6i from hung brothers at simlim for $249. Frickin nice sound. Except for lack of bass. I found the default eartips uncomfortable, so am using the foam eartips (supplied in the pack). They fit much better and are much more comfy as well, and sound much better as well. Dunno, maybe my ears don't fit the default plasticy eartips. Anyway, I requested optional eartips from etymotics and they should be arriving any moment now. The er6i sounds much better than any earphone I have ever tried.

Have not tried the shures though so cant comment.

A lot of reviewers would rate the ER4 better than the ER6. I have not felt the need to upgrade to ER4...probably because I have not heard the ER4 yet.
- Roy

Wanna buy my ER4? ;p Its lying there, not using it. I used to own the 6i and yes, the ER4 is better. BTW, the 6i is the bassest in Ety's line. I managed to get quite a decent amount of bass from the 6i.

Wanna buy my ER4? ;p Its lying there, not using it. I used to own the 6i and yes, the ER4 is better. BTW, the 6i is the bassest in Ety's line. I managed to get quite a decent amount of bass from the 6i.

Hey no buying and selling in Kopitiam, especially for non-photography related item OK? Unless you are talking about giving the ER4 to me for free.

Anyway, thanks for the offer. I think I am happy with my ER6i for now.

I bought my er6i from hung brothers at simlim for $249.

You can get it at US$79.99 from www.buy.com, or US$95 from B&H. With the current exchange rate I think it should come in cheaper than S$200 including shipping.

B&H also has a model ER6iC that looks just like the ER6i, but they claim that it is for the iPod. Not sure what's the diff but that model seels for US$75.

You can get it at US$79.99 from www.buy.com, or US$95 from B&H. With the current exchange rate I think it should come in cheaper than S$200 including shipping.

B&H also has a model ER6iC that looks just like the ER6i, but they claim that it is for the iPod. Not sure what's the diff but that model seels for US$75.

Thanks for the info. I believe the ER6iC is the same as the ER6i just that it's white. That's the model I have. Man, those guys at simlim really mark up a lot...

About the bass, which eartip did you use? Did you have to really really really push the earbuds all the way in? That's the only way I can get decent bass levels from my set.

Status
Not open for further replies.