where can i get EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM brand new?

May 27, 2011
hi all

i know that this lens EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM is old, but where can i find it in SG?

will it be better to get the 18-135mm version instead??

thx
regards

Edwin Francis

Mar 24, 2006
www.sgwriter.com
It may be old, but it's still in production - http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/products/dslrs/lenses?languageCode=EN#type=product_3
So any good camera shop would do really.

Your choice depends on the camera you're using. The EF lens fits all EOS SLRs and DSLRs. The 18-135 is an EF-S, only for crop-sensor DSLRs (not the older ones before the 20D though).

28-135 on a crop-sensor is a bit of an odd range though - doesn't really go wide. The crop-sensor equivalent would probably be the 17-85 or its successor, the 15-85. The latter is widely praised, the former is widely criticised, though I loved using it. Search the forum, check out reviews (e.g. www.photozone.de)...

Last edited:

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
hi all

i know that this lens EF28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM is old, but where can i find it in SG?

will it be better to get the 18-135mm version instead??

thx
regards
You keep on getting told to reference the price guides and CALL THE SHOPS FOR YOURSELF. For once, please do so.

May 27, 2011
i hav called up the shops at funan, they all said they dont hav it or the lens is already discontinued

thats y i m asking for comments from u all to see if it is worth it to search from shop to shop

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Just the shops at Funan? So you did NOT actually call all the shops in the recommended stores list?

May 27, 2011
Just the shops at Funan? So you did NOT actually call all the shops in the recommended stores list?
So need to call all the stores?

oh plz, the TK and the SLR are telling me the info, thats why i m asking for everyone's opinion.

If you dont hav any comments, plz do not reply in a SO rule manner

thx
regards

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
So need to call all the stores?
Check the Canon Price Guide, you will see the short names for shops carrying Canon lenses. The first posting gives the long name and the contact details. Since you are looking for a Canon lens it helps to focus on those shops where a Canon lens price info is given, right? :)
Beside this: if you feel brave enough you might also want to look at the less recommended shops along Orchard / Lucky Plaza. They sometimes have older lenses as well. But please do your homework with prices, warranty and the different tactics of 'upselling' with useless rubbish accessories like filters, converters and whatnot. These shops are known con artists, specialized in overcharging tourists.

Top Bottom