Daedalus Trent

Apr 15, 2008
Singapore, east-ish
Hi :)

Guess this belongs here since the blood's to be used as a photography prop :p
Anyway, can any kind soul help?

Thanks in advance!

-Trent

Cost should be negligable as compared to the time for the set-up etc. Spray a bit of shelltox around the area before each take.

Alternatively, use mapel syrup. You would probably need slightly less colouring since mapel syrup already has a warm tint.

;)

Cost should be negligable as compared to the time for the set-up etc. Spray a bit of shelltox around the area before each take.

Alternatively, use mapel syrup. You would probably need slightly less colouring since mapel syrup already has a warm tint.

With who? Myself? :bsmilie:

But what's the shelltox for? Care to share? :)

P.S- i was kinda looking for 'ready-made' fake blood cos you see...food colouring and walls/skin/etc do not mix! It's incredibly hard to remove those stain :p

Last edited:
haha. sheltox its insect killer spray... =)

Joey Lawrence was quoted as using "food coloring, water, corn syrup and sugar". see http://strobist.blogspot.com/2007/10/young-blood-chat-with-photographer-joey.html

Actually don't have to use corn syrup or sugar
1. Heat up water
2. When it almost boil, (not yet boil) put in some starch (any starch, use to cooking), just a little
3. Wait until the starch + water become 'pasty' (become more viscous)
4. Add in food colour (those use to make chinese birthday egg)

After a few trial and error, you will know the amount of starch and colour that need to use to mimic the real blood...

Corn Syrup as base material.

Use red food colouring as base colour - arterial blood is bright red, then, add some green food colouring, to create venous blood.

Easiest way: go cut your finger.

:D

Go to the wet market and get chicken blood. ;)

Dont think we can get chicken blood from wet market. Make friend with your local butcher to get some from the pig abattoir when he collect his orders. Market not allowed to sell blood products. Or wait for for next Hari Raya Haji and get some goat blood from the mosque gathering... Or ask St John Ambulance or Media Corp as to where they can get fake blood

Easiest way: go cut your finger.
:D

Dont think we can get chicken blood from wet market. Make friend with your local butcher to get some from the pig abattoir when he collect his orders. Market not allowed to sell blood products. Or wait for for next Hari Raya Haji and get some goat blood from the mosque gathering... Or ask St John Ambulance or Media Corp as to where they can get fake blood

hahaha, very funny :p

but seriously...the consistency of chicken blood won't do :(

Last edited:
Here's how you do it:

You'll need, water, glue and red food colouring.

1. Add water to glue to achieve the desired consistency- not too thick; not too thin.

2. Add red food colouring. Bright red for oxygenated blood, dark red for deoxygenated blood.

Once prepared, it can be stored in an air-tight container for long periods of time.

Alternatively, i believe i heard from that in some countries, the poor sold their blood for purposes other than donating to the blood bank. if you get my drift.

Red Dragon Fruit?

Alternatively, i believe i heard from that in some countries, the poor sold their blood for purposes other than donating to the blood bank. if you get my drift.

That would require additional chemicals to be added to the blood to prevent coagulating. The same goes for usage of chicken blood or pig's blood.

Go to provision shop buy 2 items . 1 item :chinese food colouring powder ( red ), in hokkien they call "Ang Huwei Bee ". 2 item :Tapioca powder. Total cost u less then $5.
After the ang huwei bee mixed with water, you add in a bit of tapioca powder..Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.