where can i get cheap lights for home use ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calesion

Mar 10, 2009
I'm a newbie here

And may i know is there any lobangs that sells 2nd hand lights or any shops that seels cheap lights ... ? if do .... Please state some .. thanks ..

I need them for home use.... =)

What kind of lights are you looking for? Strobes, continuos?

www.tagotech.com has some cheap solutions. Others will be places like Cathay and Orient Photo. Depends on what you're looking for. If you're not in a rush, BnS section is worth looking at.

I have tried ikea lights and they are definitely not bright enough for most things. If you need power, strobes are your best option and you can probably get something 2nd hand with adjustable power and manual settings for under $200. You don't need auto or ttl if you are willing to read a lot and chimp a little.

If you do not need that much power, I find that the tagotech continuous lights are enough to take portraits at f/4 at decent ISO and shutter speeds with the reflector on.

I have tried ikea lights and they are definitely not bright enough for most things. If you need power, strobes are your best option and you can probably get something 2nd hand with adjustable power and manual settings for under $200. You don't need auto or ttl if you are willing to read a lot and chimp a little.

If you do not need that much power, I find that the tagotech continuous lights are enough to take portraits at f/4 at decent ISO and shutter speeds with the reflector on.

Continuous as in the light is always On? Might be something I'm looking for.. :think:

Are you refering to this product frorm tagotech?

Status
Not open for further replies.