Where can i get cheap instant film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberlene

Jan 9, 2008
My company is having an upcoming event. There will be a free photo taking session. Anyone knows where can i get good price for instant film (polaroid,fuji) if i buy in bulk like 1000 pcs?

My company is having an upcoming event. There will be a free photo taking session. Anyone knows where can i get good price for instant film (polaroid,fuji) if i buy in bulk like 1000 pcs?

I think getting one of those Canon Selphy 4R printers might be more economical if you're getting into 1000 pcs. A Fuji/Polaroid instant print would be about $1 while the Canon is about $0.30 a piece. For 1000pcs, you'd be looking at a $700 difference and that could easily buy you a couple of printers (cheapest one $199 each). Just get a digital camera, a couple of memory cards (so that you can continue to shoot while some are being printed) and you're ready to go.

Thanks Isisaxon, i have suggested that to them as its more economical however client thinks its way too troublesome having to upload pix n print it out..

Do you know of any camera shops with good pricing?

most shops selling polaroid 600 at about 40 bux for a twin pack... fuji might be slightly cheaper coz it has the name card size. dun really think they stock up to 1000pcs though due to low demand..

Thanks Isisaxon, i have suggested that to them as its more economical however client thinks its way too troublesome having to upload pix n print it out..

Do you know of any camera shops with good pricing?

No, those printers can read and print from the cards directly. Don't need to upload to PC.

Yeah.. demand is extremely low. No one wants to use instant print anymore because digital is much cheaper. Maybe you can contact Fujifilm Singapore to see if they can give a good price.. Maybe in exchange for some publicity? Last time for NUS Photographic Society, we managed to get them to supply paper, chemicals and poster printing for one of darkroom courses we organised.

Uhh.. Go check out the Pict Bridge website.

Most cameras and printers, including the selphys, have the pict bridge technology, making it very simple to turn a DSLR or PnS into a "polaroid". Show your company a quick slide or print the broche (from canon site below)

If the above calculations are correct, I'm sure they won't mind being able to save 700 bucks!

Futhermore, these instant compact printers allow you to check the photo before printing, to save the environment (hahahhs) and money (of course!)

http://www.canon.com.sg/index.cfm?fuseaction=cp#

Oh, found this nice page at canon website also http://www.canon.com.au/about/press_room/story_830.html

Thanks guys, have already contacted Fujifilm for a better quotation, still waiting for them to get back to me on the stocks.

Thanks guys, have already contacted Fujifilm for a better quotation, still waiting for them to get back to me on the stocks.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.