where can i get cardboard frames for photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannysantos

May 23, 2008
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hi guys, just wanted to ask... does anyone here know where I can get those white cardboard frames I can use for 8'x10' print outs?

Try Diaso...

Have seen then selling when i was there last week (IMM Branch)

are you referring to those folders that is used to present group photos? the fuji lab opposite bata on the ground floor, sorry forgot the name, at peninsula plaza sells the black version. they may have the white ones.

are you referring to those folders that is used to present group photos? the fuji lab opposite bata on the ground floor, sorry forgot the name, at peninsula plaza sells the black version. they may have the white ones.

I'm thinking more of those cardboard frames they use for galleries and exhibits... similar to what they used on the OTW Exhibit in OldSchool or on the Noise Singapore exhibit in Far East Plaza.

I'm thinking more of those cardboard frames they use for galleries and exhibits... similar to what they used on the OTW Exhibit in OldSchool or on the Noise Singapore exhibit in Far East Plaza.
this is call Matte or Mat, Art Friends at Bras Basah sell those ready cut in common sizes, if you looking for odd sizes, fancy cutting or strange color matte...etc, you can go to frame makers to ask them cut for you, just to let you know it is very expensive.

more info about Matte Cutting

hope this help.

may i know if u guys typically

1) stick the photos onto the cardboard, leaving the sides as boarders, or

2) as per the video link by catchlights, cut the inner piece out and stick the photo onto the back of the frame?

also, if follow like the video, does that means i need another piece of cardboard same size as the frame, and sandwich the photo?

Last edited:
may i know if u guys typically

1) stick the photos onto the cardboard, leaving the sides as boarders, or
cheapo way

2) as per the video link by catchlights, cut the inner piece out and stick the photo onto the back of the frame?
proper way, this is to leave a gap between the print and the glass, so the print will not stick to the glass

also, if follow like the video, does that means i need another piece of cardboard same size as the frame, and sandwich the photo?
a cheap box board same size as the matte is what usually the frame makers do.

framing shop can do the mounting and cutting for you without the glass and wooden back frame. let them know how you are going to display it. they can attach hanger at the back to tie string.

cheapo way

proper way, this is to leave a gap between the print and the glass, so the print will not stick to the glass

a cheap box board same size as the matte is what usually the frame makers do.

thanks catchlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.