where can i get a real baby chicken or duck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

htthach

Feb 26, 2006
dover
I want to have a baby chicken or duck as a pet but not sure where to get in Singapore.
When I was in VN, i used to raise baby duck into big one, more fun than cat and dog.
Not sure if I can buy one in Singapore?
I'm coming back to sing next month so anyone here can have? any hint? or is it illegal in Singapore?
thanks

brother, now sinkapo alrdy achieved World class status. no more kampong style.

i use to keep alot of little chicks outside my grandma hdb apartment when i was young, sg use to sell them around from the kampongs a decade + ago, but ever since all the kampongs were clear i dont see any "chicks vendor" again. Maybe you can check with the local chicken farms. What i know is, it is illegal to bring life stocks from neighbour countries in now. And even if u rear them in ur hdb, u must make sure they dont make too much noise, as we have laws now that after 11pm, your neighbours can lodge complains to police / hdb agency for any excessive noise.

i missed the days :bsmilie:

Better not do it. You will be exposing yourself to the potentially deadly Bird Flu if the chickens get infected.

i think i giv up then
thanks guys

keeping chick or duckling as pet is it not illegal in Sg, unless you are staying at landed property, if you staying at HDB or condo are not allow to keep them.

bear in mind that keep chicken or duck as pet is noisy, messy, dirty and smelly, and so what you want to do them if they has grown up? you eat them or let other animals eat them?

i think you can still get it at Lim Chu Kang / Choa Chu Kang chicken/egg farm...

cos iirc, quite some years back, i saw some kids went there for excursion and bought a few little chicks as pets.

so you wanna be like Joey and Chandler (of Friends) where they have a chicken and a duck as pets :thumbsup:

i think you can still get it at Lim Chu Kang / Choa Chu Kang chicken/egg farm...

cos iirc, quite some years back, i saw some kids went there for excursion and bought a few little chicks as pets.

I think they have have stopped that after the avian flu incidents ...

So unless it is kept as livestock under strict control and regular checks by the government ... the "farmers" are not allowed to sell them to the general public alive ... They all have to go to the slaughter house first ....

So unless it is kept as livestock under strict control and regular checks by the government ... the "farmers" are not allowed to sell them to the general public alive ... They all have to go to the slaughter house first ....

ahh... sianz...

can go get the eggs and then we incubate them ourselves (using a incubator of course)? :think:

in the first place, how do you get a fertile egg?? from the farm??

you will never be able to get a chicken from a egg from any supermarket here because the egg are not fertile.

The hen and rooster must mate to give a fertile egg.

Well the hen still can lay her egg without a rooster but a non-fertile egg.

http://4hembryology.psu.edu/fertile.html

you will never be able to get a chicken from a egg from any supermarket here because the egg are not fertile.

The hen and rooster must mate to give a fertile egg.

Well the hen still can lay her egg without a rooster but a non-fertile egg.

http://4hembryology.psu.edu/fertile.html
of course I'm aware of that, that why I'm asking mohgui.

anyway, if it is a fertile egg, don't think many people will want to eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.