Where can i find MOE Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Jul 28, 2004
West
Hey there everybody, just thought i can ask teachers out there if they know how to obtain a set of the MOE Guidelines or SOP or something? Its really interesting to note that many articles from schools and institution says they are conforming to the new MOE guidelines and this and that. but what exactly is inside the MOE guidelines? :cool:

Hey there everybody, just thought i can ask teachers out there if they know how to obtain a set of the MOE Guidelines or SOP or something? Its really interesting to note that many articles from schools and institution says they are conforming to the new MOE guidelines and this and that. but what exactly is inside the MOE guidelines? :cool:

MOE guidelines for what specifically?

For the running of school? For acceptance of students? For examination syllabus? For CIP? For edusave?

There are so many guidelines and SOP abound. You would need to know specifically which you are looking for, and then ask the right person for it.

The centre I work for also follow certain MOE guidelines too, FYI. And no, I'm not a teacher.

Use the internet and do a search on www.moe.gov.sg and you get the answers. There hundreds of guidelines so depending on what is the subject that you want to look at. There is no mother of all guidelines in one document.

see this:
http://search.moe.gov.sg/servlet/SearchServlet?category=moe-home&keyword=Guidelines

MOE guideline to what ???? a subject, a policy or particular issue ... what ???
There must be some kind of context ... otherwise asking for MOE guideline is like asking what is the law ... Got to be a little bit more specific.

yes true true. i have been searching the guidelines in the MOE website but i cant find any. i am more interested in reading areas such as guidelines for teachers and principle's duties, administrative matters in schools the duties of clerks.

yes true true. i have been searching the guidelines in the MOE website but i cant find any. i am more interested in reading areas such as guidelines for teachers and principle's duties, administrative matters in schools the duties of clerks.

U probably will find your answer in the Principal's Handbook. Most SOP and directives of running the school is spelt out there... But it's only available for download from our INTRA-net...

Join teaching... and u'll have access to it... :bsmilie:

you interested in teaching? should had gone to the seminar last sat, then can just ask what you dun noe, tho i did not ask

that's a recruitment talk, you may not get the full picture.. It's like watching army's ads...like super hi-tech, go in is another story liaos

that's a recruitment talk, you may not get the full picture.. It's like watching army's ads...like super hi-tech, go in is another story liaos
u got go also??? rather ok la, i see one girl, guess near my age knowing alot form it~ mainly wat the job gives and what you will face lor

hahaha interested in teaching!? you have got to be kidding. but seriously even if i am interested i dont think i want to work for MOE. as for the guidelines, Jia Wang, you are right and i think i might have found it. Its also to see how i can help teachers who are "bullied" like my gf when the principal always say do this because its the MOE guidelines and etc...and the things being done is not even productive..sigh..

u got go also??? rather ok la, i see one girl, guess near my age knowing alot form it~ mainly wat the job gives and what you will face lor

er..already inside now... read abit of the directives n stuff..but not in detail..

Its also to see how i can help teachers who are "bullied" like my gf when the principal always say do this because its the MOE guidelines and etc...and the things being done is not even productive..sigh..

Remember those are only guidelines ....
The final say is up to the Principal who is most aware of the ground situation.
Bottom line the P has all the say .... No matter what happens ...

Remember those are only guidelines ....
The final say is up to the Principal who is most aware of the ground situation.
Bottom line the P has all the say .... No matter what happens ...

You've hit the nail on the head. There are a LOT of things they don't tell you at the recruitment seminar and at NIE. Or they tell you lots of stuff, then you go to school and find yourself asking "where got...???"

Everything is very hazy lah. And at the end of the day, they will say "they're are only guidelines". The only thing they are very, very clear about: No corporal punishment. Big time no-no.

so which means to say there is no way at all to rebutt the principal if he/she is doing the wrong things or misinterpretating the guidelines? i mean they are not 100% correct all the time right? think we can report his/her wrong doings to MOE or to his/her sup which will be the the sup for the district zone right?

think we can report his/her wrong doings to MOE or to his/her sup which will be the the sup for the district zone right?

Lets put it this way ....

You can report all you want ... to whoever you want ... ONE report is not going to get a Pricipal fired / removed / re-located. (of course unless that report is news-worthy and The NEW Papers want to pick up that piece of juicy information)

If the P find out whoever did the "whistle-blowing", that teacher can prepare to see a "C" for the rest of their career under that P ... or worst still if something is written into their permanent record; then the teacher can prepare to "hata-kaki" for the rest of his/her career ....

man this is really crap seriously how can we let them abuse their power like this and get away with it? there must be some justice to this. think voicing out as a whole might be a better choice then. so not one individual is going to be bullied that way.

man this is really crap seriously how can we let them abuse their power like this and get away with it? there must be some justice to this. think voicing out as a whole might be a better choice then. so not one individual is going to be bullied that way.

I'm sorry to hear what's happening to your GF... I think I know how she feels...

Well, all I can say is that it takes two hands to clap... We can always choose how we have to adjust and respond in adversities... I don't know exactly what is happening on the ground, but rather than focus so much on how to deal with the 'abuse', think about the kids she is teaching... The children need good teachers around to tide through bad times... That's how I motivate myself all the time... there's a lot of checks and balances in the system (even if you are not aware of them) that'll take care of these so called 'abuse'... so as long as one's conscience is clear, and that we know that things we do are for the good of our pupils, you've done well...

Easier said that done, really... but that's just a small part all the things one needs to deal with in teaching ;) The rewards (most of them are intangible ones) are there, just need to have the perseverance to do the right things for the kids all the time... :)

well she knows this. but the P is driving the WHOLE school nuts. believe me. Just because he/she is the P does not mean he/she can abuse her authority (and she does so often, like everyone is her slave). Everyone is demoralised. Not only that no one dare to voice out, HODs just listen and "support" the P because most of them taking their pension (talking about those who are retiring soon, not the young ones). I feel really sorry for the teachers AND the students. Well i guess this means war. not war as in war...er...i think...

well she knows this. but the P is driving the WHOLE school nuts. believe me. Just because he/she is the P does not mean he/she can abuse her authority (and she does so often, like everyone is her slave). Everyone is demoralised. Not only that no one dare to voice out, HODs just listen and "support" the P because most of them taking their pension (talking about those who are retiring soon, not the young ones). I feel really sorry for the teachers AND the students. Well i guess this means war. not war as in war...er...i think...

Not easy, I must say... will need a lot of self-belief and sense of mission from all the staff then... since no one dares to 'voice out', then it's even harder... have to have the courage to do the right thing... and by that, I do not advocate kicking up fuss and complain and shoot all the way up the system etc... it's abt taking charge of what's happening in school... in the most professional way possible... :)

Maybe u can get ask ur GF to talk to other teacher frens in other schools to... sometimes talking it out helps...

i guess i do hav a clearer picture of your GF situation. well i would hav to say every school is trying to out do one another, my ex-sch P would push everyone(frm the top to the bottom) to the limits, and at the end of the day what he wants is to have a brand name. i think we can not run away from this, it is a 'competition' between sch(s) and the face of the P(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.