Where can I find good cheese?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
I miss good cheese from overseas. Anyone can point me in the direction of places to get good cheese?

Cold Storage, Jason's, Market Place, and there's a cheese boutique at Mohd Sultan Rd but of course, expect to pay more there.

Actually Cold Storage has a decent selection of cheese, if you're looking for the usual french and Dutch cheeses. Jason's and MP would have the same exact thing, and more. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's just at the beginning of MS, opposite the kopitiam that sells bak kut teh and has lots of outdoor tables.

Swiss Butcher in Bt Timah

I miss good cheese from overseas. Anyone can point me in the direction of places to get good cheese?

Thierney's (spelling?) at Serene Centre (Bt Timah Rd) road has a small selection (and plenty of other non-local food items).

my choices will be

1) La Fromagerie @ Mohd Sultan

or

2) jones the grocer @ Dempsey Hill

Yes, I think Jones has one of the largest selections of cheese.

And I get good Pere French Brie from Cold Storage.

Actually.... La Fromagerie has more selections. But I just put Jones in, cause I thought the TS want a choice :D

cold storage cheese???noooooooooo

Cheese botique at mohd sultan huh...wha'ts the name?

I think it's called Edina and Julien

The husband and wife are the ones who open the restaurant beside the Fullerton Hotel called Saint Julien.

Mostly French cheese but super high quality. A little bit on the high side but you get what you pay for it.

A lot of choices in Carrefour, and I like specially the Camembert :thumbsup:

... but my wife can't tahan the smell ;p according to her, it smells like a used pair of socks :sweatsm:

I think it's called Edina and Julien

The husband and wife are the ones who open the restaurant beside the Fullerton Hotel called Saint Julien.

Mostly French cheese but super high quality. A little bit on the high side but you get what you pay for it.

La Fromagerie <== name of the cheese place.

Status
Not open for further replies.