Where can i develop black and white film (Kodak Tri-X 400) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
latmo said:
just bought a roll to try but then i dunno and dun have the equiment to develop myself

where can i develop this film

thanks
It's not expensive to buy a film tank with a dark bag to load the film and some chemicals to do it yourself.

latmo said:
but i dunno how to do it and i dun have a dark room at home ...
You don't need a darkroom to develop film only. You'll only need a darkroom if you're printing. All you need to do is to use a darkbag, put the film tank, the picked film and a pair of scissors inside and load the reel in the dark bag. Once the film is safely inside the developing tank, you can take it out and commence the chemical development.

http://www.darkroomsource.net/tech-bw-film.shtml

Oops.. Missed the part about this being your first roll.. But if you do intend to shoot more, it may be worth considering doing your own film development. Go with lurgee's comment. Don't know about Riceball but I'm sure Ruby should be able to help you send for development.

lsisaxon said:
You don't need a darkroom to develop film only. You'll only need a darkroom if you're printing. All you need to do is to use a darkbag, put the film tank, the picked film and a pair of scissors inside and load the reel in the dark bag. Once the film is safely inside the developing tank, you can take it out and commence the chemical development.

seem fun
i shall try that next time
for this time i think i should find some lab to do it first

latmo said:
seem fun
i shall try that next time
for this time i think i should find some lab to do it first
Yeah! Good luck.. :)

If you have a couple or rolls, you could send over to me to develop.. can do contact prints if you want.. for a reasonable fee of course, haven't been using my darkroom equipment lately.. do pm me if you want to try..

You can also try Ron Camera at Aldephi, although if you are working, it may be difficult to catch Ron past 6 p.m.

I have sent negative to both places, and usually I would get them to print a contact sheet as well. It will cost around $10 to have the film developed with a contact sheet. Its not easy to figure out how the image look like from the negative.

You can also instruct Ron to push or pull the film for you, at extra charges. I'm not sure if Ruby takes such instructions.

shutterspeed said:
You can also try Ron Camera at Aldephi, although if you are working, it may be difficult to catch Ron past 6 p.m.

I have sent negative to both places, and usually I would get them to print a contact sheet as well. It will cost around $10 to have the film developed with a contact sheet. Its not easy to figure out how the image look like from the negative.

You can also instruct Ron to push or pull the film for you, at extra charges. I'm not sure if Ruby takes such instructions.

I meant Adelphi, next to Supreme Court.

lsisaxon said:
It's not expensive to buy a film tank with a dark bag to load the film and some chemicals to do it yourself.
It's the trouble, effort & cost involved.

Sending in to Ruby is a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.