Where can I buy the Joby gorillapod original?

wlfung

Jun 27, 2012
Singapore
Anyone seen it in peninsular before? Does shop carry this thing?

Cathay has it, a few of the shops in Funan have it...

Put on a pair of shoes, do a bit of exploring, it's easy. :)

go to their distributor in ubi? google it. many place sell it.

Call MS Color and ask if either of their two shops have it?

I think TK has it as well.

i bought mine from slrr. slightly cheaper than tk.

I got mine from Cathay. There are some places selling it. Rememeber to buy with ballhead. also can get from BnS

Shahmatt said:
Consider getting a cheaper chinese equivalent from Mustafa. I think less than $15. Lasted me almost 2 years no problems.

Just tested up compare of the quality of built and don't trust it is can be holding as fit as your over 1k body with lens..
Once is dropping down your stuff all gone.

Just tested up compare of the quality of built and don't trust it is can be holding as fit as your over 1k body with lens..
Once is dropping down your stuff all gone.

I've noted that mine grips very tight and hard after wrapping around anything. If my camera is loose it is because I have I have not taken care in wrapping around objects properly.

The weak link could be the plastic ball joints. If one of these break then the tripod may fail on you. But I've noticed that the plastic is a good, thick, slightly bendable type that you see on toys for 3 year olds. The rubber grip rings on mine are still in good condition and have not begun to deteriorate yet.

So a positive experience so far for me for $15. I don't know how an original Joby may be better since I have not tried. Sorry to hear that yours' didn't go so well.

I've tested those cheap ones before and the head could not support my camera body and lens, it fell and luckily managed to catch it on time. After that I bought a SLR zoom and it is very stable. I'd still recommend to go for the original Gorrilapod, a SLR zoom is good enough.

JOBY GorillaPod SLR-Zoom - Portable, flexible tripod for telephoto lens cameras