Where Can I buy Original Nikon Lens Cap 72mm?

AnduTan

Jul 26, 2010
Punggol
Hi
I recently dropped my original 72mm NIKON lens cap off my 18-200 while it was slung behind at Botanical Gardens.....on the grass patch...careless me.

Anyone knows where I can buy an original replacement in Singapore? Tried going to a few shops in Funan and searching on the net but no leads...the NO NAME brands are terrible. It fits badly and drops all the time now. Lots of nice people helping me pick it up yesterday at the zoo. Nothing compares to the original.

Better still...anyone picked up a 72mm NIKON cap at the botanical gardens??? LOL

Thanks.

Why not go to the Nikon Service Centre? Logical place, right?

LOL

: )

didn't think of that! Will try there...Thanks for the reply.

BTW...what is the practice to keep your lens cap secure? I hear that the 18-200 cap always comes off? Is this true?
Also, does everyone keep their lens caps in their pockets during a shoot? its dusty isn't it? Maybe its not a big deal.

LOL

: )

didn't think of that! Will try there...Thanks for the reply.

BTW...what is the practice to keep your lens cap secure? I hear that the 18-200 cap always comes off? Is this true?
Also, does everyone keep their lens caps in their pockets during a shoot? its dusty isn't it? Maybe its not a big deal.

hmm i just take out and throw inside the bag haha. no matter where u keep sure got dust (dust is everywhere)

For no name brands, some are good, some are not so good, and some are terrible. You just need to buy the right ones.

I have originals, no names etc, none has fallen off easily except one, which I threw away anyway.

One way to make sure your lens cap stay secure, is to mount your lens hood all the time.

And buy extra.

A point to note on buying lens cap. I dropped my 77mm cap of my 24-105, and bought a cheap replacement at $10. Worked alright, but issue was that for original canon caps (nikon too I suppose) the cap is a perfect circular shape, whereas the 3rd party, the part where you depress to release the cap are "sticking out". so whenever placed in a bag, the cap tends to drop off the protruding part is compressed. So do take note of such 3rd party caps

I bought a no name brand before at Click!, the nice thing about that one is that it was strung to a stretchable band that grips nicely over the lens. As such, if you remove the cap and it drops, it will just hang over the lens. Never lost my lems cap again. :)

Sorry I don't have a pic of it as it was sold with my old cam.

Thanks guys
I hear the "buy 10 lens caps" suggestion and the "finding the best no name cap" for my 72mm lens
Let the search begin