Where can I buy nice chinese teapot set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
It's a present for gf's dad, so must be presentable.. Budget around $200.. Any place to recommend?

Too busy so I only have tomorrow to go out and buy.. Thanks! :)

It's a present for gf's dad, so must be presentable.. Budget around $200.. Any place to recommend?

Too busy so I only have tomorrow to go out and buy.. Thanks! :)
Saw a shop at Cathay, but forgot the name. On the 5th level.

GMAN

Go to upper levels of the Chinese shop at Chinatown (Yue Hwa), opposite People's Park Center (the pink bldg), and next to OG......

Got choice from few dollars to thousands of dollars

HS

chinese tea house (outside carrefourr suntec, at bugis basement, or taka basement) they have tea pot sets.. dont expect superb pots there w/o paying quite a bit...

yue hwa also have.. but quite inflated.. esp some of the tea cakes.. 10 yrs ago, 1 piece i buy $88 from merchant.. they selling $3k-$4k a pop now.. *rolls eyes* .. some pots a few K.. its more for display than usage.. clay so thick :eek: by then put hot water the temperature will go below optimal liao...

ong fatt hong at smith street china town complex.. nice old uncle.. lots of good pu-erh tea and pot selection too..

wang san yang at honglim complex lvl 1.. in between china town point and the food centre... also have lots of pots.. they have an outlet at vivo as well.. me have their membership card :X

Liu Hsiang Tea Craft at hotel otani/liang court lvl 3... lots of excellent teas there.. esp rare ones... have lots of tea ware too... i patronize this shop for the tea

actually its nicer if you buy some good tea and a decent pot together.. i.e. $100 for pot.. $100 for 100-200g of premium tea..

Last edited:
anyway if your father in law has a lot of purple clay pots already, you can consider getting him a celadon pot.. but make sure its the real 如瓦.. i hand carried one back from a tea shop in beijing before :p those in singapore didnt meet the value for money price cut.. and often or not, good pots.. are not exported cuz people dont know how to appreciate.

try tang's in vivo city or takashimaya... look for the asianera brand, it's fine bone china... the designs of the teapot sets are very nice and traditional... not so sure bout the price range though...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.