Where can I buy gumstick rechargeable batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

I intend to buy 2 pcs. of gumstick NiMH rechargeable batteries for my portable CD player. Can anyone out there recommend me a place where I can buy? I remembered Eastgear used to sell them, but no longer.

Thanks. :)

There is a shop in the basement of Sim Lim Tower that specializes in batteries. You can try your luck there. Don't remember the name but it's on the right from the entrance (stairs).

gumstick batteries seem to be very rare nowdays, and the times that they are available, cost a bomb. Imagine a S$40 gumstick battery to power a S$100+ walkman/discman.

try best denki ....

gumstick batteries seem to be very rare nowdays, and the times that they are available, cost a bomb. Imagine a S$40 gumstick battery to power a S$100+ walkman/discman.
Wah! If that is the case, need to buy new portable CD player already. You have a good point there, vince.

Besk Denki selling $35 for 1. 2 X is $70. :sweat:

Try the Sim Lim Tower shop. I saw before but dunno how much. Looks like bulk pack or 2nd hand ones. In loose form without packaging.

Besk Denki selling $35 for 1. 2 X is $70. :sweat:

Try the Sim Lim Tower shop. I saw before but dunno how much. Looks like bulk pack or 2nd hand ones. In loose form without packaging.

WAH! So expensive ah!
Thanks for the tip of Sim Lim Tower. Will drop in this Saturday to see see look look.
If too expensive, then it is time to retire the portable CD player already. Then look for a mp3 player. But I like CD players because:
  • I felt CD are more convenient. No need to rip, upload, delete, etc. Just change the CD. :)
  • CD sound quality is better than mp3? (of course, this is debatable) :sweat:

WAH! So expensive ah!
Thanks for the tip of Sim Lim Tower. Will drop in this Saturday to see see look look.
If too expensive, then it is time to retire the portable CD player already. Then look for a mp3 player. But I like CD players because:
  • I feel it is more convenient. No need to rip, upload, delete, etc. Just change the CD. :)
  • Sound quality is better than mp3? (of course, this is debatable) :sweat:

CD players can use AA batts rite? I also have a CD player that uses 2 X gumsticks. Hope they dun conk out.

CD players and MP3 players have their own advantage. Portability wise, MP3 have the edge these days as they are small, light and can hold many songs/albums. But they dun sound as good as a cd player.

The problem that I am facing is that my CD player runs primarily on the 2X gumsticks. The gumsticks are dead now, cannot hold charge. So the player is no longer portable, thus, defeating its purpose.

UPDATE: Went to Courts to check out the batteries there. Found that the gumstick available there was Panasonic 1400 mAh. Selling for $25 each. Will be heading to SLS/SLT to check out the prices this weekend.

Bro, can you direct me to the shop that you mentioned? At which level? TIA. :)

Bro, can you direct me to the shop that you mentioned? At which level? TIA. :)

I think its at basement. Just beside the escalator. Won't miss as the batts (they got a lot of brands and quite a number of gumsticks) are displayed prominantly in a display case at the store front.

If its not basement, then try all the other levels. :bsmilie: I remembered that the escalator is just infront of the store.

I think $25 is still too ex. 2 X is $50. Max I will pay is $15 a batt.

i remember checking a while back for my classmate. it used to be $9 a piece. do go down and have it look.

I think its at basement. Just beside the escalator. Won't miss as the batts (they got a lot of brands and quite a number of gumsticks) are displayed prominantly in a display case at the store front.

If its not basement, then try all the other levels. :bsmilie: I remembered that the escalator is just infront of the store.

I think $25 is still too ex. 2 X is $50. Max I will pay is $15 a batt.

Thanks Bro. Agree with you that $15 is the ceiling.

Thanks Bro. Agree with you that $15 is the ceiling.

No problem but however, pls note that it is:

Sim Lim

Tower!

If you go Square, then dun blame me. :bsmilie:

Thanks Bro. Noted. I have noticed that you mentioned Sim Lim Tower.

p/s: Bro, no need to put the word 'tower' in bold red, size 7 font la. Just bold it like what I did can liao. :) I know that the Shanghai GP is on this Sunday la. (with K. Raikkonen in front in both the practice sessions, unless L. Hamilton has something to say to that... :sweat:)

Thanks Bro. Noted. I have noticed that you mentioned Sim Lim Tower.

p/s: Bro, no need to put the word 'tower' in bold red, size 7 font la. Just bold it like what I did can liao. :) I know that the Shanghai GP is on this Sunday la. (with K. Raikkonen in front in both the practice sessions, unless L. Hamilton has something to say to that... :sweat:)

Cannot! :nono: Ferrari fans must bold red, size 7 font! :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.