where can i buy a cheap black flannel blanket or white board for portrait backdrop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuhao

Nov 25, 2002
cck, Singapore
Visit site
where can i buy a cheap black flannel blanket or white board for portrait backdrop?

thank you.

iKea. hmm...not yet. yes there is fabric department but is there black flannel selling?

will drop there.

any other fabric shop available?

drop by Crawford Centre, where all the textile shops are. you should be able to find plenty of materials to suit your needs there, and if you can bargain well, can even get at wholesale price!

what is the ideal fabric for white backdrop? like this:
Child_pink_hat.JPG

yes white but not reflective or too brighten.

Originally posted by Larry
drop by Crawford Centre, where all the textile shops are. you should be able to find plenty of materials to suit your needs there, and if you can bargain well, can even get at wholesale price!

went there today. yes lots of textile shops but unfortunately no one selling flannel. one of the owners suggested me to go to Arab street, near Malay temple. is there any fabric shops in Arab street?

thank you very much.

Originally posted by liuhao
what is the ideal fabric for white backdrop? like this:
Child_pink_hat.JPG

yes white but not reflective or too brighten.

white paper!

Tried spotlight before?
forgot the building name, but its between centerpoint and orchard point.

Originally posted by Giantnookie
Tried spotlight before?
forgot the building name, but its between centerpoint and orchard point.

hmm...not yet. is it a fabric/textile shop?

Yeap.. try Spotlight.

Pretty sure you can find what you are looking for. :) It's not a textile shop. It's a DIY shop that has stocks/items for handicrafts, from glass paints to clothes to wood for sculpting etc etc... :)

i beg your pardon....but what is a flannel?

i intend do some portrait shot for my baby niece at home using 2~3 flashguns on syn cord connections...the master will be mounted on the camera on TTL mode, while the rest only on auto or manual. what type of backgroud should i use and how should i position the flashes...any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i like your pictures. all of them were taken using 50/F1.4?

flannel is cheap alternative of velvet. i suppose it can acheive total black backdrop for portrait.

Originally posted by boochap
i beg your pardon....but what is a flannel?

i intend do some portrait shot for my baby niece at home using 2~3 flashguns on syn cord connections...the master will be mounted on the camera on TTL mode, while the rest only on auto or manual. what type of backgroud should i use and how should i position the flashes...any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.