Where can I borrow/rent a macro lens to shoot plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
The co is organizing a leisure trip to Polau Ubin to see the plants and vegetations,
so I like to take the chance practise shooting plants, flowers and wild insects. I
don't have a macro lens.

dRebelXT said:
The co is organizing a leisure trip to Polau Ubin to see the plants and vegetations,
so I like to take the chance practise shooting plants, flowers and wild insects. I
don't have a macro lens.

rent one. :)

dRebelXT said:
don't have a macro lens.

Sell your 55-200 and do a little top up. Your lens range is overlapping with one another.

18-55 for wide angle
28-135 for general purpose
135-400 for shooting babes and birds
50 for low light

Although the 55-200 is covering from normal to telephoto range but I think your 28-135 has a better output in terms of sharpness and colour contrast. Ask yourself this question, "which lens do I use to most" and "what is my main interest (as in what you like to shoot more) in photography.

Renting a lens is ok but don't forget if you accidently drop it, it's as good as buying a new lens.

Pro Image said:
Sell your 55-200 and do a little top up. Your lens range is overlapping with one another.

18-55 for wide angle
28-135 for general purpose
135-400 for shooting babes and birds
50 for low light

Although the 55-200 is covering from normal to telephoto range but I think your 28-135 has a better output in terms of sharpness and colour contrast. Ask yourself this question, "which lens do I use to most" and "what is my main interest (as in what you like to shoot more) in photography.

Renting a lens is ok but don't forget if you accidently drop it, it's as good as buying a new lens.
Yeah, I am in the process of selling 55-200, and maybe 50mm since it overlaps with 28-135mm. After that, four lens and they will satisfy my needs.

ndroo said:
Or get an extension tube and use it with one of your tele lens. Cheap solution, better than renting lenses.
What does an extention tube work?
My Sigma lens has very long minimum focus distance, shooting 5cm macros isn't so nice.
I only managed to shoot things larger than 15cm with Sigma.

dRebelXT said:
My Sigma lens has very long minimum focus distance, shooting 5cm macros isn't so nice.

Do a search here (or on the web). Tons of Q&A on that.

Klose said:
rent one. :)
Yeah, my idea too. Do you know any companies who leases lens?

dRebelXT said:

Try some of this websites. It may help to answer some of your queries.

http://www.northrup.org/equipment/extension.htm

http://photonotes.org/cgi-bin/entry.pl?id=Extensiontube

http://www.canon.com.au/products/cameras_lenses_accessories/macro_lenses/extensiontubeef25.html

Status
Not open for further replies.