Where can buy Pentax K-r via 0% instalments?

harocarlos

Dec 4, 2010
Newbie here..pardon me pls..

Anyone knows where can buy the k-r via 0% instalments?

I've been to several Best and Courts branches to at least touch the camera but they do not have a single Pentax camera...:dunno:

I've been to several Best and Courts branches to at least touch the camera but they do not have a single Pentax camera...:dunno:

The camera costs less than 800, you still need to go for installment?

Anyway, better check w/ SLR Revolution and see if they accept installment. Good luck :)

I think most of the camera store have installment..but not worth it because they will charge a certain % (around 0.3) even u go for the interest free installment:)

You can try CP, TK or AP.. think they accept most of the credit card installment plan

I thought I saw Challenger Funan has a White K-r there. maybe u can try go there.

But yea, 0% installment usually some shop charge the item higher in order to cover the cost. Some calls is ADMIN FEE.

save money. by the time u have enough, price may drop further and u'll be able to buy a bag in addition to the camera and kit.

Courts and Best don't carry the Pentax brand, at least not yet. You can get it at Challenger Funan, they do have the K-r there, saw the white one last week.

The camera costs less than 800, you still need to go for installment?

Anyway, better check w/ SLR Revolution and see if they accept installment. Good luck :)

OP, SLRR, MS might not have any installment scheme, you will have to charge full to your credit card and add 3 to 5% more for credit card processing fee, however if you are on CIMB, POSB, OCBC or even Citibank, you can call your credit card company and convert the purchase to 0% installment.

To the question of something that cost less than 800 and still need to go on installment? If your income bracket is less than $2K, there is nothing shy to be on an installment plan, after deduction of CPF your take home is less than 1.6K, minus 800 you have only have half your salary to survive on. If you already have the budget, going on 0% installment scheme will not affect you financially either even if you are big income earner, just that you are able to manage your budget by getting other accessories on the budgeted cash, my two cents.

Avoid in house installment scheme, normally they charge you 12% interest per annum on the principal and they stretch it out for 4 years making the repayment looks attractive but you are actually paying 48% in total interest over the 4 years period and that is almost half more than what you paid for base on the principal.

k-r need installment?

just save up for a bit...

The real issue of 0% interest stretched over 12 months is whether one can be disciplined enough not to indulge and chalk up more 0% interest purchases down the road.
Because it is all too easy to accumulate more and more such purchases and be forking out more and more repayments every month. Better to save up and avoid if you can.

actually price is hefty when bought at 0% interest. stores opt with adding on cost and sometimes nearing RRP.

Thanks for the replies. I understand it's a pretty cheap Dslr and yet I still opt for instalment payment is quite a Malu thing... But I will only get it after doing my monthly calculations... I am not just looking at the body alone of cos so it will definitely cross 1k.. Cheers:)

No need to be malu... We all got to start somewhere....

When I first started working, money was tight but I need to buy a high price item.. unwilling to use loan system cos of interest..
I borrowed from my parents.. and repay by installment monthly until it ends.

You may want to consider this option. (parents, siblings or even close friends).

TS: to be honest, you need to have at least 1.5k to 2k if you are thinking of r getting KR. dry cabinet, tripod, bag, memory card or lenses ( if u r itchy handed like me )+ + +
you might have just miss the great price offer on sitex.i think i saw there are 0% installment plan on citibank on the booth when i bought mine.
to Me, borrowing from sibling or parents will be the best ( provided if you are still a student ). else if you are a working adult with low income ( just like me ) endure a few mths ba.

Indeed... it's not just about K-r but all the misc. Do up a little plan and you'll be able to see when you'll probably be able to fund 1. So why not tahan a while longer, save up a little more. It may just go down in price, or better still, you may be able to grab 1 used but in excellent condition. Usually cost less ...

It usually feels really good if you fund this yourself (one go), or when you get a really good bargain.

Last edited: