Where are you going for holidays this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parka

Nov 18, 2005
Singapore, Singapore
plus.google.com

Hong Kong's a place I'm confirmed going for a short few days trip.

Still thinking of another place to go since I have like 15 days of leave in total.

How about you guys, where are you guys/gals planning on traveling to?

sweden if time permits and depending how many people are willing to go too.

Vancouver again in July... Shanghai in June for work so hopefully with some fun too... BKK and HKG some time soon, can be anytime actually... Maybe London... :think:

Vancouver again in July... Shanghai in June for work so hopefully with some fun too... BKK and HKG some time soon, can be anytime actually... Maybe London... :think:

if go london, use it as a base to go other parts of uk

unless you like high shopping, else once you've walked the thames area and all the monopoly board streets, there is nothing :bsmilie:

ok maybe if you stay there too long you'll feel that way

might be going to denmark/sweden/norway , see how :)

if that doesn't materialise, probably a short trip to cornwall, along with some random place in southeast asia, hopefully vietnam, but from what i hear the weather in summer is not quite so.. good

unless you like high shopping, else once you've walked the thames area and all the monopoly board streets, there is nothing :bsmilie:

if that doesn't materialise, probably a short trip to cornwall, along with some random place in southeast asia, hopefully vietnam, but from what i hear the weather in summer is not quite so.. good

we can go together if you wish.:)

Hong Kong's a place I'm confirmed going for a short few days trip.

Still thinking of another place to go since I have like 15 days of leave in total.

How about you guys, where are you guys/gals planning on traveling to?

Already in the UK until Sep, then going to Florida and New York for 2 weeks before heading back

Actually, London is only a small part of the UK. You should try Scotland and wales. Cornwall is real nice too. The view of the sea is amazing. Even in London, there are unexplored places that the non native stay, which has many photo opportunities. You can also try the other towns in the UK, like bath, cambridge, oxford etc. I am staying in Guildford now, and there are plenty of architecture, scenery and travel shots to take. Its spring now, and the flowers growing in the field is vibrant with colours. I don't think I even did justice for them...sigh!

Vietnam is a good place. I was at HCM during May day in 2006. Its a great place to visit. Its pretty sunny, but its bearable. Staying in Singapore helps...;)

we can go together if you wish.:)

Let me know if you guys are really keen to come to Scandinavia. If you like nature and wilderness, you will definitely like northern Sweden and Norway. My family spent 3 whole weeks fishing from Ostersund (Sweden) to Namsos (Norway) last summer and we really enjoyed it.

I should be able to provide information on these places.

Aiya, If I got London is following people there. So I doubt I get to visit else where. But yea, will be shopping in London alone in the day most likely. Well, not confirmed yet :)

Actually, London is only a small part of the UK. You should try Scotland and wales. Cornwall is real nice too. The view of the sea is amazing. Even in London, there are unexplored places that the non native stay, which has many photo opportunities. You can also try the other towns in the UK, like bath, cambridge, oxford etc. I am staying in Guildford now, and there are plenty of architecture, scenery and travel shots to take. Its spring now, and the flowers growing in the field is vibrant with colours. I don't think I even did justice for them...sigh!

Vietnam is a good place. I was at HCM during May day in 2006. Its a great place to visit. Its pretty sunny, but its bearable. Staying in Singapore helps...;)

of course; but one must also remember that there are parts of london which are frankly, more shady than the rest; for whatever reason, so don't anyhow walk walk, it is not singapore.

nah, what i heard and read is that vietnam is rainy in the jun/aug period :(

Unfortunately, wife and myself won't be able to take a long holiday.... she has to work on a big project and on top of that, our son is only 3 months old so can't bring him anywhere yet. :(

But heading to Hua Hin (for 4 nights) then to BKK (for 2 nights) just to take a break..... Will check back to this thread in a year. :bsmilie::sticktong

I"m heading to Eastern Europe in August. Hopefully e weather's nice with super blue skies ard tat time. Was a lil disappointed tat time last wen i was in Scandinavia tho.

i'm heading to Paris (2N), strasbourg (4N), Alsace region, (wine tour, ~4N), Interlaken ~(2N). in late May....

any recommendations regarding things to do, and also places to shoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.