where are the professional lens cleaners?

Very often we lament how troublesome it it to clean our lenses, store in the dry cabinet etc until some disaster happened..:cry:

What do you do if you find fungi in your lens? can we clean it? by a professional?

with nikon lenses we go to nikon singapore support
canon to canon singapore..
but what about 3rd party lenses like tamron or sigma or tokina etc?

maybe experienced members in clubsnap could provide us with locations, company name, tel etc where such cleaning services might be provided.

I know it is often said that the cost of cleaning a fungi infected lens is high and at times may not even be successful, but how high a cost is high? anyone have any idea? if we do get enough info from all of you we could add these info to the price list section too. maybe only moderator.. haha..

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
Very often,we also lament that bro fatigue and a few shops does it.Do a search...

nikkie

Jan 7, 2005
Singapore
Yeah, David does a great job. you can also use the services of the shop at basement of Adelphi (also David).

Senifer

May 5, 2010
Sembawang
Yeah, David does a great job. you can also use the services of the shop at basement of Adelphi (also David).
P&G Photographic Centre
David Phan
No.1 Coleman Street #B1-04, The Adelphi
Tel: 68370696.

i hope this helps the rest of the 3rd party lens user. :)

karnage

Feb 26, 2005
Ang Mo Kio
Cost will usually depend on how badly affected is the particular lens. My experience with David from P&G has been quite friendly. Usually his quotes are about $80 without looking at the lens.

Senifer

May 5, 2010
Sembawang
Cost will usually depend on how badly affected is the particular lens. My experience with David from P&G has been quite friendly. Usually his quotes are about $80 without looking at the lens.
normally. clean lense for him should be the same price. whether is it a small spot of fungi or huge big spot right in the center of fungi also same price. small or big, also have to open up the whole lens. so shouldn't be difference in the price. but what i know is that those zoom lens are slightly more expensive because it's more tedious. :)

Top Bottom