Where are the nice Pro's photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
It's hard to see the real pro's posting nowadays. More on critique posting instead. Now now, where are all those "WoW " photos? Some had fallen to other forums, while the others just choose to hide somewhere in the hard disk... :(

I agree, togu. :)

Lucky Jeff is still ard to supply us with professional photos.

Yes, I'm glad that jeff is still willing to share his excellent shots. :p

I wonder if it's the lack of so-call nice critiques, or the huge amount of banal talks that causes our pros to cut down on posting. :(

Originally posted by togu
Yes, I'm glad that jeff is still willing to share his excellent shots. :p

I wonder if it's the lack of so-call nice critiques, or the huge amount of banal talks that causes our pros to cut down on posting. :(

hmmm.... "IDEA" so if i wan 2 b pro i should not post anymore liao rite??:devil: :devil:

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Only amateurs like myself still thick-skinned enough to continue posting regularly, even with no comments. Pro's all gave up long time ago.

That's sad to hear.... :(

Originally posted by togu

That's sad to hear.... :(

Didn't Jed post recently? I mean those were the only shots I ever saw from him...
maybe we have to pay to see them ;) ;p

Originally posted by denizenx

Didn't Jed post recently? I mean those were the only shots I ever saw from him...
maybe we have to pay to see them ;) ;p

Because once upon a time I decided that I would not post photos on CS again. Sad to say a couple of weeks ago I buy a couple of lenses so I forget that little promise to myself and post. Regrets aplenty.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Only amateurs like myself still thick-skinned enough to continue posting regularly, even with no comments. Pro's all gave up long time ago.

Being a pro and posting on CS is often like wearing a large target on your back, as certain cretins just love to take pot shots so they can look and feel better about their lame-arsed selves (they know who they are).

As foe me, it's a matter of priorites when it comes to posting. I never post my paid work on any forums, as doing so is often a breach of contract so that leaves me free to post rejects or shots from those rare times when I get to shoot for fun.

Infact I posted some shots in Photojournalism/Sports and there's been no responses ... so why bother posting?

Hi togu,

u may want to visit photosig.com to see some really 'wow' pix. That site is better than dpreview forums in a sense coz it really concentrates on pictures, not equipment. Surprisingly some of the best work I have seen were produced with consumer class DCs. Every time back from dpreviw, I want to upgrade my equipment. While every time back from photosig, I want to polish my skills and knowledge. The truth is: no matter who is behind the picture, big name or no name, the picture itself tells everything. Meanwhile, it's important to open eyes as there is always another sky above this sky where we live in.

Happy shooting.:)
Regards,
Tom

Just out of curiosity... should we have a system of rating within CS itself? So that we do not go to photosig to rate and have comments and ratings based on pple within CS?

Wouldn't it save the brain juice of wondering how come no one wants to critique :)

Ratings without words is better than complete silence ;)

Just out of curiosity... should we have a system of rating within CS itself? So that we do not go to photosig to rate and have comments and ratings based on pple within CS?

Good IDEA!! :thumbsup:

-FND->

Originally posted by nEkOgOtCh

Wouldn't it save the brain juice of wondering how come no one wants to critique :)

Ratings without words is better than complete silence ;)

I second this implementation!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.