Where are great places to take photos in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelomoh

Mar 17, 2009
I have been to Southern Ridges, spent a lot of time at Marina, Esplanade and Merlion there.

What other places are good to take photos (even though I agree that anywhere is a good place to take).

Generally what would you recommend for:

i. Indoor shooting

ii. Night shooting

iii. Nature shooting

iv. People shooting (as in with camera)

v. Building shooting

There are subforums for almost everything you listed. Check out the photo galleries.

I have been to Southern Ridges, spent a lot of time at Marina, Esplanade and Merlion there.

What other places are good to take photos (even though I agree that anywhere is a good place to take).

Generally what would you recommend for:

i. Indoor shooting

ii. Night shooting

iii. Nature shooting

v. Building shooting

in a hotel room!
all with XMM :bsmilie:
From hotel can shoot building interior, and after shot if you still have blank space in memory then can take photo of the hotel from outside

I believe it may be a good idea to check out the photos posted by various CSers in the sub-forums, shortlist a couple of your favorit photos, and then ask the photographer where the pictures were taken.

i. Indoor shooting

ii. Night shooting

iii. Nature shooting

v. Building shooting

there is no one place that is good for indoor or people shooting.

as for buildings, it depends on what interests you. for me, there is nothing that particularly stands out in singapore.

for night shooting though, kallang is a great spot , used to be anyways, not sure if it still is; the marina barrage seems popular. city hall is alright until it gets dark, along with merlion park and esplanade.

and basically, almost any seascape we have, as long as it isn't too dark, e.g. punggol, labrador park, changi boardwalk.

for nature, i am not sure what you mean exactly, maybe if you were more specific with regards to what you are looking for, people can help.

Thanks the thread has been most useful. I am a newbie to both DSLR and this forum. Thanks for your patience.

Nearly everywhere, really. Just open your eyes and look for opportunity.

Alot of place can be use as a location for photo taking... even around your house! good for abstract ;)

some of the good common places for natural/landscape would be changi broadway, the natural reserves and the city area...

go Geylang... :)

very interesting place with lots of colours in the evenings, good food too
but be careful where you point your camera

make sure you can run very very fast and long distance

Status
Not open for further replies.