Where are all the Sony Active members

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
I join CS in May and I like the almost all the Forum very much, from Kopitiam to Macro, to Model, to landscape, to Newbies and etc.
Join the fun in group discussion, jokes and photo information.
For all the brands, those camera makers brand like Nikon, Fuji, Minotla and Olympus have alots of active and "very loyal" members.

But for Sony, seem that only DCA and Snowspeeder and me King Tiger are the few active member in Sony Forum.

There are total of 74 CS member using Sony cameras, among them, 27 are using the 8 mega pixel F828.

Where did the rest go? :cry: :cry: :cry:

still got Bernards, a fren from another forum.. he bought the F828 recently...

den also Chengsing who bought my F717, but wonder y he dun post here now... another not so long but kinda long fren... going army soon... sob sob...

but if u guys have outing they might join.

i think we still have 1 more active 1, i forget his nick, the ang mo (in frenly gesture, not offensive :D) whom i think is 1st around here to add a macro lens with the tele convertor with the awesome macro shot. wonder where he went...

Sorry there. Not so active nowadays. Too many forums, too many hobbies.

King Tiger said:
I join CS in May and I like the almost all the Forum very much, from Kopitiam to Macro, to Model, to landscape, to Newbies and etc.
For all the brands, those camera makers brand like Nikon, Fuji, Minotla and Olympus have alots of active and "very loyal" members.

But for Sony, seem that only DCA and Snowspeeder and me King Tiger are the few active member in Sony Forum.

There are total of 74 CS member using Sony cameras, among them, 27 are using the 8 mega pixel F828.

ohoh... busy go for job interview leh... :p

King Tiger said:

I also sony member leh. :D

Yes. just like bernards say too forum to moderate. The best is free stuffs and cool CD-ROM ;p

I am also Sony user, but do not own 828.
not so active because too many forum and also, mostly topics on 828.

btw, i use V1. ;)

King Tiger said:

I guess one of the reasons is that we Sony users are not so frequent shooters. Unlike Nikon or Canon users who tend to do more freelance work or take photography more seriously, Sony are more consumer-based, and consumers don't shoot photos everyday.

I've posted many articles in the Sony forum, but too busy these weeks with my music. Off-topic, I'm going to launch some music albums in the next 6 months. Lovers of new age piano music, keep a lookout! ;)

I guess people have more to discuss when you use SLR/DSLRs. The wide range of options opens up the topics. You won't see much discussions on P&S in the Canon and Nikon sections.

Let us all play a part as possible as we can.
Maybe we can form a Sony Council, then we are all Sony Knights.
(Like in Star Wars, there is Jedi Council, Jedi Master, Jedi Knights)

pianodancer said:
I guess one of the reasons is that we Sony users are not so frequent shooters. Unlike Nikon or Canon users who tend to do more freelance work or take photography more seriously, Sony are more consumer-based, and consumers don't shoot photos everyday.

I've posted many articles in the Sony forum, but too busy these weeks with my music. Off-topic, I'm going to launch some music albums in the next 6 months. Lovers of new age piano music, keep a lookout! ;)

OT, Chester, I love your music. Cool. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lemonlogix said:
I am also Sony user, but do not own 828.
not so active because too many forum and also, mostly topics on 828.

btw, i use V1. ;)

We welcome any topics under Sony since this is Sony Forum.
There are some function which V1 and F828 share the same, like night shots and so on.

As long as you using Sony camera, the door pf the Sony Jedi Council is open to all. ;)

bernards said:
I guess people have more to discuss when you use SLR/DSLRs. The wide range of options opens up the topics. You won't see much discussions on P&S in the Canon and Nikon sections.

Bernards

I agree with you.
But they also have die hard loyalist Canonian and Nikonian, while we do not have.
On the bright side, it would be better if we have a Sony Council so that we can make full usgae of our camera and discussions.

King Tiger said:
Bernards

I agree with you.
But they also have die hard loyalist Canonian and Nikonian, while we do not have.
On the bright side, it would be better if we have a Sony Council so that we can make full usgae of our camera and discussions.

I agree that those who own Canon and Nikon cameras (mostly DSLRs) are definitely more serious about photography and fanatical about their prized equipment.

King Tiger, perhaps you should chair the 1st Sony "Jedi" Council outing this coming Sat? Do suggest a place and time so that all members who are keen can meet up. We need to act fast before many more are lured by the temptations of the dark side in pursuit of other less gratifying interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.