Where? AF 50mm f/1.4 or 1.7??

Status
Not open for further replies.
John 3:16 has 1 piece of f/1.7 and 2 pieces of f/1.4 the last time I was there. Not sure of the prices though. I think it's close to $400 for the f/1.4.

UY79 said:
John 3:16 has 1 piece of f/1.7 and 2 pieces of f/1.4 the last time I was there. Not sure of the prices though. I think it's close to $400 for the f/1.4.

any idea about KM flashes??.. 3600HS in particular

blurboiboi said:

They usually have flashes stocked up. I often see 5600HS and 3600HS there. Again, I'm not sure of the prices.

I bought one from MScolor three days ago.
No need to pre order, I think they only keep two set that time.
Price: $175 before GST (50mm F1.7)

blurboiboi said:

I bought my 3600HS for $240 at John 3:16.

i bought my 5600hsd from AP at $560 a few months ago -- although someone was selling this brand new (Oracle, i think) on the buy/sell forum recently at $490.

got the f/1.7 at $190 nett from AP recently. the 1.4 is about $400, not worth the small difference for double the price, i feel. ;)

got a question...
how often does you guys use your 50mm lens?
for what kind of scenario then you bring this lens out?

often as it light and small to carry around
mostly use it for indoor and portrait

TuTu_CaR said:
got a question...

Mainly for portrait shoot (nice bokeh) or low light condition (e.g. car show's model shoot).

It got good optics and cheap, that's why quite some people keep one.

For me, I use it occasionally, so become one of my underutilise lens. Now try to bring it out more frequent.

TuTu_CaR said:
got a question...

Good for portraits and its lightweight and small, so it doesn't really matter if you have to lug this around. only drawback is the manual bipod zoom feature -- using your legs. hahahaha... :) can be a challenge when trying to capture portraits of fidgetty kids.. ka-sng, man...

TuTu_CaR said:
got a question...

I use it quite a lot...

Sometime I would shoot an event with a 50mm lens... light and versatile...

f1.7 and f1.4 aren't much different in terms of performance, f1.7 is good enough...

Hart

I understand there are two versions of the f/1.4 lens? I think the older one has the 49mm filter thread, the newer one 52mm?

Any difference between the two? Performance & price wise?

synapseman said:
I understand there are two versions of the f/1.4 lens? I think the older one has the 49mm filter thread, the newer one 52mm?

Any difference between the two? Performance & price wise?

No difference in performance only difference is in construction material I think... but get the cheaper one...

If you use the 50mm a lot like me, get the f1.4. Slightly better contrast and smoother bokeh. Use it extensively for portraits. Get too close and it exhibits barrel distortion though.

Just got myself a 2nd-hand AF50mm F/1.4 (with 49mm filter thread), and I LOVE IT!

54396029.jpg

One of the first few shots with the lens, mounted on D5D.
Handheld (sweet!) 1/3s f/1.4 at 50.0mm iso100. No post processing, other than rotate, rezise and compress.

54818985.jpg

This was taken yesterday. Inside Coffee Bean. 1/160s f/1.4 at 50.0mm iso800 (I forgot to re-set ISO)

Status
Not open for further replies.