When will the successor of 10D come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmak

Apr 16, 2004
London, UK
www.pbase.com
Just wondering, when will the successor of 10D come out? Can anybody tell based on the way Canon's been developing their dslrs?

Cheers! :bsmilie:

It's already out, it's called the D70.

but seriously, there has been a lot of talk about a mk 2 type sensor mated to a 10d type body with a lower frame rate (5fps), street price about $1800-$2000 US. Due out before year end according to the grapevine.

Terence said:
It's already out, it's called the D70.

So when did Nikon give their rights to Canon and Canon decided they should screw up their own white balance? :D

Likely to be called, Canon 10D MK II. ;)

nickmak said:
Just wondering, when will the successor of 10D come out? Can anybody tell based on the way Canon's been developing their dslrs?

Cheers! :bsmilie:

if going by photokina timing.. by sept the latest... annoucement would be end august? :dunno: a 10D replacement is most likely... and wont be surrprised with 300d replacement coming up at the same time.. :bsmilie:

my guess
-price: $2.5k or less
-5 fps.. good for sport actions, yet wont cannibalise 1D MK2
-8 megapixel..
-more focus points than the current 7 points on 300d & 10d.

and it will be called Sultan D24 :bsmilie:

blurblock said:
So when did Nikon give their rights to Canon and Canon decided they should screw up their own white balance? :D

And AF mind you.

1) 8MP 1.3X Crop Sensor
2) 45 pt AF, better AF accuracy
3) 5 fps
4) Faster write speed
5) Bigger buffer
6) Better AWB
7) ETTL-2

If all this for around US$2000 to 2200, sign me up quick!

dkw said:
1) 8MP 1.3X Crop Sensor
3) 5 fps
4) Faster write speed
5) Bigger buffer
6) Better AWB
7) ETTL-2

mmm.. then who would buy 1d MK2 at $7.5k? :cool:

wilis128 said:
mmm.. then who would buy 1d MK2 at $7.5k? :cool:
Hope springs eternal.... ;) Canon would really clean up the mid-range DSLR market if they did that though ;p .

dkw said:
1) 8MP 1.3X Crop Sensor
3) 5 fps
4) Faster write speed
5) Bigger buffer
6) Better AWB
7) ETTL-2

Haha ... your wish is granted. There is one catch though ... it'll take 3 years to deliver the item

azeroth said:
Haha ... your wish is granted. There is one catch though ... it'll take 3 years to deliver the item

Yah, mebbe....but if Canon want to draw buyers to the 10D replacement, it'd better be a lot better than the 10D yah? The current weaknesses I see is that the 10D is overall sloooowwww......slow start up, slow write speed, occasionally dodgy AF, less than stellar AWB. 6MP I can live with. If the next cam don't improve on these, why would anybody buy it, especially now you can get a brand new 10D for US$1299 or less?

Cheers,

dkw said:
Yah, mebbe....but if Canon want to draw buyers to the 10D replacement, it'd better be a lot better than the 10D yah? The current weaknesses I see is that the 10D is overall sloooowwww......slow start up, slow write speed, occasionally dodgy AF, less than stellar AWB. 6MP I can live with. If the next cam don't improve on these, why would anybody buy it, especially now you can get a brand new 10D for US$1299 or less?

Agree. The jump from D60 -> 10D is already not a significant one. Other than more ISO flexibility, nothing much. If the new 10D successor has nothing new, upgrade for what?

oeyvind said:
10mp.... :sweat:

i'd rather sacrifice the megapixel for more fps..

dkw said:
1) 8MP 1.3X Crop Sensor
3) 5 fps
4) Faster write speed
5) Bigger buffer
6) Better AWB
7) ETTL-2

that's right, who will pay twice as much to get 1d MKII if it is just 3fps slower?

unlikely we will see 1.3x and EOS 1 AF system on prosumer DSLR, why they want to do that to spoil the market for 1D MKII?

Wai said:
that's right, who will pay twice as much to get 1d MKII if it is just 3fps slower?

unlikely we will see 1.3x and EOS 1 AF system on prosumer DSLR, why they want to do that to spoil the market for 1D MKII?

If Canon were in this alone, I would say it makes sense to maintain market separation. However, I would imagine (or hope) that they will want to keep ahead of the pack. The D70 is already a very capable offering from Nikon, beating the 10D is some areas and at a hugely attractive price point. So, if they want to keep market share for their mid-range DSLR, it'll need to be quite a bit better than the current model, especially if a D100 successor is hot on the heels. Better to lose 1DM2 sales to 10DM2 than to Nikon yah? I do agree 1.3x and EOS 1 AF is an unlikely upgrade, but nice to fantasise once in a while :) .

cheaper models than the D70 is already waiting to come out from both camps... :sweat:

oeyvind said:
cheaper models than the D70 is already waiting to come out from both camps... :sweat:

Photokina! Sept? :) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.