When will Canon A40 be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eddy777

Hi,

Anyone has any idea when Canon A40 will be here? When will the shops be bringing in the camera?

Thanks. Regards.

Eddy.

The reason is that I am actually thinking of getting the Olympus 2040 now, but also wish to wait for the A40 camera if it is coming soon. Do you all think I should wait?

Thanks. Regards.

Eddy.

if not in a hurry, probably can wait bah

Waiting for up to 1 month is okay..but if more than that then no point, I may as well get a DC now and start playing with it....hehe....

Therefore hope someone can shed some lights on me... :)

It's out already in Japan and Australia...... :)

Recommended retail price is 49,800 Yen and AUS$899 respectively. Wow......... looks quite expensive as AUS$ and S$ almost the same. I believe the retail price in Singapore will be $899 also... a bit disappointed :(

Do you all think it is too expensive for a 2 megapixel camera?

not sure about japan, but in australia, their camera prices are much higher than in singapore.

crazy to spend $899 on that, might as well go for C2100UZ

yup...hehe...it seems it is more expensive in Australia... I just checked, their recommended retail prices for G2 and S40 are AUS$1999 and AUS$1899 respectively....

So my estimate now is between S$699 to S$799... for the A40 when it is in Singapore.....a good guess??? :)

Funny, the recommended price for A40 is AUS$899 while that of A20 is AUS$999....wow....A20 more expensive???????

Australia is like that, does not really make sense in their pricing as their market is not as active as here. They dont even bother to lower the prices of old models as they know not much people will buy it even if they lower the price. I stayed there so many years and that is what I see.

but yes, prices there is about 30-40% more then here..

I'm waiting for the TC-DC52 Teleconverter lens for this A40 model. Canon claimed that it is a 2.4X teleconverter lens. Wondering if it will be okay to have this lens fitted on the G2.

I have the 52mm OEM adaptor.

Does it matter if the CCD is different for G2 and A40?

aiyarz... u guys go check up the canon hongkong website... they accepting advance orders fer A40 at HK$2480... which is abt S$580... so let's not be too pessimistic abt the price... heez... :D

Haiz....how come we always the slowest...... :(

Originally posted by Eddy777

our market is the SMALLEST. little red dot. :)

Originally posted by Eddy777
Smaller economy I guess. Hong Kong has over 6 millions population, high purchasing power and the people throw away things much faster than us. Same go for Taiwan (over 20 millions populatoin that is cash rich) so these 2 markets usually get the first priority outside Japan for Electronics goods I guess. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.