When was the first time you came into contact with a camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNAG

Jun 14, 2002
Visit site
Hi there..
This question just came popping into my head.. might be really bo liao... :D

When exactly was your first rendevous with a real camera (not some point and shoot ones).... Digital ones also can....

What make and model was it, and what year was it?

Well, to start the ball rolling,
my first experience with a SLR camera was a Minolta XD-7 manual last year... a frightening one to say.. :D
I secretly used it without my dad's permission, and my heart nearly stopped when the self-timer crank popped out and nearly dropped into the drain that was underneath me.... :what:

Originally posted by ckiang
1984. Canon AE-1 Program with a Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 and a Tamron Adaptall 70-210mm f/3.8. Both from the school. Not a bad camera actually.

Regards
CK

Just to ask, does the Tamron Adaptall system have adaptors for Nikon mount?
If so, I would be able to use some of the Minolta's lenses...
But it will not meter right?

I'm using a F80S...

Originally posted by SNAG

Just to ask, does the Tamron Adaptall system have adaptors for Nikon mount?
If so, I would be able to use some of the Minolta's lenses...
But it will not meter right?

I'm using a F80S...

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have a Tamron Adaptall 35-70mm f/3.5 with the Nikon mount. The mount is removeable and interchangeable. But they have been discontinued, and is only available for the older MF lenses (Nikon AI/AI-S, Canon FD, Minolta MD etc).

No, it will not meter with an F80.

Regards
CK

1993, minota SLR. I needed a camera to take pics of the airport, my dad shelved his camera to me with a external flash! At 14 with a SLR, i felt veri 'garang' taking photos, still got the negatives somewhere.:embrass:

When i was five...i think. My father got me a plastic looking camera, but i believed it was a lomo or holga type camera...i spoilt as a kid, think i took it to the bath with me....gosh. Haaa

Got a photo of it as well...got to find it. haaa
:)

Originally posted by ckiang
1984. Canon AE-1 Program with a Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 and a Tamron Adaptall 70-210mm f/3.8. Both from the school. Not a bad camera actually.

Regards
CK
What the hey!! I used to have a similiar lens - the Tamron SP70-210 f/3.5 - wonderful lens - I think its still available today. Too bad it died of incurable fungus infection a couple of years ago.

Had the Adaptall mount for Nikon AIS as well as Yashica - was using a Yashica FX-3 as well as a Nikon FG (Yashica was my Dad's).

The Adaptall mount was the best thing Tamron ever invented, but when camera lens mount became more complicated and electronics were integrated, I guess no longer feasible to develop new mounts.

My first touch? See the picture! :D

CanonFtb.jpg

This was given to me by my dad. Really need a major reconstructive surgery to get it working again. :confused:

Originally posted by Darren
What the hey!! I used to have a similiar lens - the Tamron SP70-210 f/3.5 - wonderful lens - I think its still available today. Too bad it died of incurable fungus infection a couple of years ago.

Had the Adaptall mount for Nikon AIS as well as Yashica - was using a Yashica FX-3 as well as a Nikon FG (Yashica was my Dad's).

The Adaptall mount was the best thing Tamron ever invented, but when camera lens mount became more complicated and electronics were integrated, I guess no longer feasible to develop new mounts.

Tamron used to make very good lenses, and fixed aperture too. I still have my old Tamron 35-70/3.5, been through fungus cleaning twice (before I got an electric dry box). It's a pretty good lens, even reasonably sharp wide open. The focussing ring has came loose though. ;p

Yeah, at that time, the Adaptall is the coolest thing around. Great idea for MF cameras, but when electronics start to get complicated.....

Regards
CK

1980- Seagull Slr

1981- Pentex ME Super

1995- Konica T3

2002- Nikon FM

• 2000 - Some stupid Olympic (not Olympus) PAS camera - The film it wasted costed more than the price of the camera itself
  • End of 2000 - Yashica Zoomate 70Z - Fine camera, except for a slight shutter lag.
  • January 2002 - Nikon & Canon SLRs (can't remember which models), my school's property
  • March 2002 - My own Nikon F55 :)

Wow..

Actually, do you think it's worth it to get a Adaptall II mount, if there are any available on the market right now?

Found some lenses that I could use... but manual ones.

Took my father's hefty SLR to the zoo when i was 12. The thing was *%!@#$ heavy, and I spent most of my time zealously guarding it from knocks & drops. As you may have guessed, I didnt enjoy the trip one bit!

Snapped some shots with my dad's Fujica ST-801 during my primary school. Dabbled briefly with his Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 8000i in secondary school. Didn't touch photography for a long time until now.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.