when u posts your client wedding photos, do u ask them to come and see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
wondering when you guys post your client's wedding photos here , do you tell your client where's it and ask them to see?

i DON'T mean asking them for permission, what I meant is, let know see the thread where you posted the photos so that they can also see other's comments (of course after u got permission to post)

bcos i am afraid that sometimes, there maybe nasty comments and then the clients realised that you have made some obvious mistakes or the skills are bad and then angry.

:embrass:

or maybe ur pix really cmi? then maybe u shld work on improving 1st. haha.

No offence, but I'll call that act hrm... backside-itchy. In the first place, why post your clients photos? Paid jobs are not meant to be used as some learning materials for you to earn critiques. If you have no confidence in your own job, why take it?

Furthermore, what'll the client think if they see all the bad comments floating in the air? Are they suppose to "realise" that they have engaged a newbie for a job?

Just my 0.02 cents :think:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tats y... only post your best & nothing but the best... otherwise, dun post...

Your "best" job might not be the "best" for others. :p

Paul_Yeo said:
wondering when you guys post your client's wedding photos here , do you tell your client where's it and ask them to see?

i DON'T mean asking them for permission, what I meant is, let know see the thread where you posted the photos so that they can also see other's comments (of course after u got permission to post)

bcos i am afraid that sometimes, there maybe nasty comments and then the clients realised that you have made some obvious mistakes or the skills are bad and then angry.

:embrass:
I'll only post if I got their permission to do so, especially if I'm paid to do the job. If they gave me the premission i.e release note, it's ethical (or basic courtesy) to inform them of the post. Also, I'll restrict all comments to be communicated through emails, no on-line broadcast of comments.

I normally dun post wedding photos on the web, if I posted then it will be locked and those interest to view will PM me for password. :)

For events, yes I do post them selectively as the events can be access by public. :D

or add a line, I'm a newbie, please don't shoot me.

Btw, it is not a good idea to post it here or ask your couple to see the comments here, unless your shots are very good or you have very good "ren yan" here, maybe you can help your couple to upload somewhere else, the put a link to it.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
den nxt comment would be... i've done my best & i have no regrets...:cool:

Heheheh, but the clients will probably be banging their head. :p

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
den nxt comment would be... i've done my best & i have no regrets...:cool:
luckily you din't say "I have no professional training"..

Paul_Yeo said:
bcos if u look at the Gallery here, a lot of people posts wedding photos...so i am wondering if their clients actually looking at these threads?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=137791

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=137317

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=138942

Because no one will criticise iamasaint's work mah. If you have that kind of skill, you can post also. :p

KNIGHT ONG said:
I normally dun post wedding photos on the web, if I posted then it will be locked and those interest to view will PM me for password. :)

For events, yes I do post them selectively as the events can be access by public. :D

The PROs have spoken....:eek:

togu said:
Because no one will criticise iamasaint's work mah. If you have that kind of skill, you can post also. :p

I think it is not matter of skills. There are surely some jokers or people who jeaslous want to sabo and post nasty comments.

Harry Potter said:
I think it is not matter of skills. There are surely some jokers or people who jeaslous want to sabo and post nasty comments.

ppl got eyes to see 1 lor... if we point out a technical or composition fault, those who see & feel it will understand, those trolls who post to just blast the thread starter without any indication of the fault will most likely fail...

Status
Not open for further replies.