When travelling, do you use a tripod bag or place your tripod in your backpack?

Its 800g + 350g = 1.15kg

Wah it sounds very awkward to walk long distances like that. And i realised something when i carry things that tend to swing - when i hold my DSLR, it cannot steady because of the angular momentum of the swinging object..
use to clip my tripod to my belt... but not now... think my pants will drop with my current tripod...:bsmilie:

i use kata3n1 with tripod holder....good training! :sweatsm:

Its always on my TT HardDrive.:)

nm...it's difficult when your gf / family comprises of non-photogs you know...they tend to get impatient and complaining of cold when you are doing a 30 sec exposure :bsmilie:

My parents were complaining when I was doing a 60 sec one!

Tripod in the daytime is not just for long-exposure but HDR (of course you can do handheld) and pano too.

My parents were complaining when I was doing a 60 sec one!

Tripod in the daytime is not just for long-exposure but HDR (of course you can do handheld) and pano too.

Bro you are not alone too, my parents were nagging at when I was doing a 30 sec shot. Just think of the wonderful picture I get and all the nags and complaints are gone !

"When travelling, do you use a tripod bag or place your tripod in your backpack? "

When I travel my tripod hangs from a shoulder strap. Worst case scenario, I can use it to hit someone!

I just went to thailand... Used a flipside 400 with tripod holder to hold my tripod with three way head. I think dslr culture there is similar to sg so not that dangerous. Just that people will know i am a tourist. I am more worried my tripod will hit people when i squeeze in crowd.

I just put my tripod at the side pouch of my Lowepro Fastpack 200 and further secure it using a carabiner hook. Else it is a hassle to keep on carrying it... Worst of all, when u want to shoot, still need to put tripod down first... very troublesome...

I'd carry a tripod bag and sling it with me. It does get rather cumbersome at times, if you have a good sized backpack which you can attach your tripod to, or you can fit your tripod, would strongly suggest that. Especially if you're going to be carrying your gear for long duration.

my vanguard uprise 48 served me well this new year.

plenty of looks too...(from the gfs who were made to carry tripods for bfs)