When to use Tripod and when Not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necroist

Jan 27, 2002
www.ragingbox.com
Tripods come in handy in certain situations but, do you guys use a Tripod when taking street photography and\or photos of people in candid shots?

You need tripod for sure for ALL night shots. If you zoom, you need tripod also. If you take during the day, you probably don't need.

Originally posted by Necroist
Tripods come in handy in certain situations but, do you guys use a Tripod when taking street photography and\or photos of people in candid shots?

In street photography, people generally don't use tripods. There is no time for you to set up tripod, etc - by the time, the moment is gone. So most people doing street photography usually use high speed film and fast lenses.

For landscape and other type of "static" work, it's usually recommended to use a tripod for absolute sharpness. Slow film is usually used here because of its better sharpness and finer grain, and coupled with the need of using small apertures for maximum depth of field, this gives rise to lowish shutter speeds. So it's best to mount your camera on the tripod.

Regards
CK

You mean there are abnormal cameras? :p

slow flim\fast flim are used for normal flim cameras right?

Yup. But same applies to digital cameras. Most people will want to use the lowest possible ISO setting for the least amount of noise. This is quite equivalent to using slow film.

Regards
CK

Usually i sweating like hell under the sun setting up tripods liaoz... dun really bother is there anyone looking/staring... just wanna concentrate and take nice pics..

Anybody get the stares when setting up the tripod :D

don't be surprise a group of Chinese (from China) pose in front of you to ask for free shot .. <-- when you are setting up the tripod

:D

Originally posted by megaweb

don't be surprise a group of Chinese (from China) pose in front of you to ask for free shot .. <-- when you are setting up the tripod

1)then u really snap em
2)act blur neber see
3)act blur dun understan their langauge
4)keh siao snap but neber press shutter release
5)use the tripod and shhhoo em away?

Originally posted by megaweb

Experienced before huh? :)

Anybody get the stares when setting up the tripod :D

Just ignore lor.
'
but for me, I will just continue setting up, then mount my camera in their direction and add a flash *WHOOSH!!*

the KPOs are gone! :devil: :D

If not, free shots for me.. win-lose situation;p I win ; they lose

i also kinda shy kind...
dun even dare to take my camera outta my bag to just snap shots.
i am afraid if i accidentally snap some girls den later the ah beng kinda bf come & confiscate my F717 den i get beaten up by their group for nothing...

most people will be curious over this when they saw you setting up the tripod and camera and wonder what are you up to.
last week i was over at cosy bay shooting the OASIS in the evening and this uncle suppose to be jogging, stopped, stand beside me a few meters away and just watch me took all my shots which last for about 20 min. after everything, me packed up, smile at him and i drove off.....is ok as long as he didn't disturb me.;)

Do what best for you, do what you supposed to do. I carry tripod, monopod inside my car. Anytime, any place when i feel like using one of them and I just used it. I do not bother what they think of me. I do what I like to do as long I am not disturbing or offence anyone. That is me and my two cents.:)

I guess nite shots surely.
Or day shots, if time permits, & u really want a steady shot.
Must not be pressed 4 time. Coz setup & adj takes time

I use my tripod anytime, anywhere in order to get the shot I required.

yup, just like some of the guys here, I do get stared at when I setup tripod during the day. I just ignore cos ultimately what I want is to get the right shot, not remarks on how ppl view my shooting style.

Status
Not open for further replies.