When taking photo during open events

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC_Photographer

Apr 19, 2005
Woodlands
just want to know wat will u do when this happen during the events..

Where there are alot of ppls, u are middle of the crowds, ppl ard you were taller than you...

wat will u do if u want to take nice photo...

FC_Photographer said:

Where there are alot of ppls, u are middle of the crowds, ppl ard you were taller than you...

I would hold my camera very high up by straightening my hand and frame thru the LCD.

Not sure how DSLR user would do it though....

FC_Photographer said:

fc_photographer, which fc are u helping ? take a ladder. small one. if cannot den no choice. try to shoot blindly. for such events. previosly, i did nt encounter such a problems because i am usually in the front.

no problem to me...cos i am always a head taller than pple around me :p

hmm...how about borrow one of those platform shoe from your sister, gf or wife?

ken111111 said:
I would hold my camera very high up by straightening my hand and frame thru the LCD.

Not sure how DSLR user would do it though....

that's pple i hate most ...worse are those trying to take picture using camera phone....they know that they wont be able to get anything clearly but still do it... :dunno: ended up blocking pple behind to see the stage

Wai said:
that's pple i hate most ...worse are those trying to take picture using camera phone....they know that they wont be able to get anything clearly but still do it... :dunno: ended up blocking pple behind to see the stage

Well, not everyone has the time nor the inclination to be at the front.And not everyone at an event is a "pro" photographer, they're just there to enjoy the show and snap some pics as a form of memory.

Just lay them off yeah.. :)

Hi FC_Photographer ... so sorry ... I blocked you ... oops. :dunno: just trying to be funny in the middle of the night. :p Hope you don't mind. :bsmilie:

BTW. Either hold your cam high up and keep releasing the shutter and hoping you get something decent (this is when the D2H become very very handy), or try to find a way to the front (maybe show people the D2H might open up a path to the front). :bsmilie: If D2H helps, i am very sure D2X, 1D Mark II, and 1Ds Mark II works too! :bsmilie: (heng .... last min remember the other 3 cams, if not gana flame).

I will hold my camera high up, view thru my LCD and shoot. :bsmilie:

Use a monopod with a spiked foot. When someone gets in your way, tilt the monopod and poke the bugger's leg with your monopod.. When the person turns around, just say: "Sorry, could you please move a little".. LOL.. Eventually they'd get the idea..

Wai said:

It always a matter of 'the early bird catches the worm'... ;)

bringing a D2h, D2x or any pro bodies there is a stupid move. why... its a total waste of flim or shutter releases to me. coz replacing spare parts for them is so expensive.

even bring a D70 i would say is a overkill for such a event. let alone a D2h.

and if it is damaged, whos going to answer ?? and the worse part is, u are covering the event on ur own pockets, not the pple pay u, and if the equipment is damaged, u pay frm ur own pocket. sometimes even if i go and shoot for fun, the most i bring my f-717. haha... tats simple... shutter spoil change lor... dun feel pain

but if my D2h need to change shutter, its $400-500+ and plus other servicings. so how ?

ahaha, seem like alot of ppl here like to take photo for such events... wat i normally do is go there early...

But anyone know where can i find those small foldable chair..????

Which is small enough to put in your bag......

glennyong said:
fc_photographer, which fc are u helping ? take a ladder. small one. if cannot den no choice. try to shoot blindly. for such events. previosly, i did nt encounter such a problems because i am usually in the front.

i help alot of FC.. ....

i see... i already stopped doing this for 2 years liao... maybe u dun see me around. lol....

one thing is because i outgrew these stages already...

foldable chairs is haf la.. but i gurantee u, that u cannot bring them in and use them.

the Raffles City there haf, erm..... i gotta get one too, but nt now... lol..

dragos said:
be there early??

yah.. try to be there early like those 5566 fans and energy fans.. who will be there days before the stars actualli come..

no choice la.....

glennyong said:
i see... i already stopped doing this for 2 years liao... maybe u dun see me around. lol....

one thing is because i outgrew these stages already...

foldable chairs is haf la.. but i gurantee u, that u cannot bring them in and use them.

the Raffles City there haf, erm..... i gotta get one too, but nt now... lol..

thx... if i have time.. will go there have a look...

FC_Photographer said:
if u wasnt their fans... u wont be there that early...

the most like
3 hrs b4 the event start..

den stand at the sides and get all the side views lor...

ken111111 said:
It always a matter of 'the early bird catches the worm'... ;)

Aiya...if its the fans that do it even if they using camera phone,cannot blame them.For them,even if the photo is not clear doesn't matter b'cos their 'perception' will help them sharpen the images."A more powerful tool than photoshop".Then for those who hold a decent digital camera,went early and got a decent spot.Then its really true that 'early bird catches the worm'.For others that took out their cam or phone and try to take after failing so many time are really trouble makers.These I'm referring to those that not interested in the singers but just want to join in the crowd.Doing for the sake of doing it."If a blind bird tries to catch a bird,not only it will end up catching none...in the process also bang into other birds".

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.