When taking night shots on 2secs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankul

Mar 27, 2002
Bedok Reservoir View
Visit site
for night shots , shuttle speed 2 secs.... do we need to use a stand? I'm a newbie... for 2 secs.. I don't think anyone can hold the cam that still...

so must use stand ah?

Yes! You need it.

anything above 1/2 will need it.

Originally posted by ckiang
Actually, to be safe, anything above 1/60 should be shot with a tripod. Especially at the telephoto end of the zoom.

Regards
CK

but i see those guys all taking photo every where in the night... you mean they lugged the tripod alot ah?

Originally posted by Mankul

but i see those guys all taking photo every where in the night... you mean they lugged the tripod alot ah?

Have you seen their shots? ;p

Take a look around you, during events, etc. You see a lot of people shooting with their little mini compact cameras. Everything, performances 50m away in the stadium, aircraft flying hundreds of feet in the air, skyline, lots of stuff which cannot be captured. But they never turn out, and they will just be dissappointed. :)

You _can_ handhold night shots if you are using a fast film and fast lens. I presume you are using a consumer digital camera here, so you don't have that option, unfortunately. :(

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

You _can_ handhold night shots if you are using a fast film and fast lens. I presume you are using a consumer digital camera here, so you don't have that option, unfortunately. :(

how abt lens with Image Stabiliser? how long exposure without tripod can it withstands?

for me i can hold a camera abt a second or so if i dun use Zoom

This is 8 seconds shutter without tripod
bridge.jpg

Wow that's a very nice pic you have there. =)

Originally posted by kamwai

how abt lens with Image Stabiliser? how long exposure without tripod can it withstands?

for me i can hold a camera abt a second or so if i dun use Zoom

This is 8 seconds shutter without tripod
bridge.jpg

so you hold your digicam while taking this photo like the pose in your avatar ah? :D

wah sniper train hands :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Mankul

so you hold your digicam while taking this photo like the pose in your avatar ah? :D

no lar...there is LCD mah....only under bright sun light then i use the viewfinder

remember those ghost picture that i post last time? also no tripod, i just hold the camera close to my body, left hand hold the lens, right hand holding the body, press shutter and quickly take a deep breath....release 1/4 of air in your lung and hold it there...

must release 1/4 of air....cos release too little will be very uncomfortable...release too much and your heartbeat will make the camera move...

Originally posted by kamwai

no lar...there is LCD mah....only under bright sun light then i use the viewfinder

remember those ghost picture that i post last time? also no tripod, i just hold the camera close to my body, left hand hold the lens, right hand holding the body, press shutter and quickly take a deep breath....release 1/4 of air in your lung and hold it there...

must release 1/4 of air....cos release too little will be very uncomfortable...release too much and your heartbeat will make the camera move...

Next time got night shoot will bring you along instead of a tripod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.