When someone asks u for a direction...

Which finger would u generally use to guide someone?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
And u point in the direction of where the person is supposed to head for, which finger would u use?

i wonder who the one that select all 5 fingers...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The thumb.....pointing to the direction. Feel this posture is more neutral. Learn it when I am training in Brunei. ;)

While I was in Europe, I notice that some European will use their thumb to point at things. I was told it was considered more polite to use your thumb to point than your index finger.

Also in France, the French will use :thumbsup: to indicate 1, rather than index finger like us Singaporeans.

When I asked for directions in Singapore, the man quickly grabbed his sling bag and hid it behind him.
I think he thought I was going to rob him :)

Benign said:
Errr......... In Iran, the :thumbsup: gesture is considered vulgar ley
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bsmilie:
gave you the thumbsup for sharing info only..heheh

Benign said:
Errr......... In Iran, the :thumbsup: gesture is considered vulgar ley :bsmilie:
Much unknown.

But I guess nothing beats the universal sign of _|_

kelccm said:
While I was in Europe, I notice that some European will use their thumb to point at things. I was told it was considered more polite to use your thumb to point than your index finger.

Also in France, the French will use :thumbsup: to indicate 1, rather than index finger like us Singaporeans.

I only have one question for this gesture, lets remove all bias and not think about what people say that it is consider more polite or not,

If, and if, some body use their index finger to point, ask yourself very honestly, "would you be offended??"

If its any finger other than the thumb, index, ring, pinky. I wun hesitate to snap or bite it. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
If its any finger other than the thumb, index, ring, pinky. I wun hesitate to snap or bite it. :bsmilie:

then go bite ortega's... bite any finger other than his thumb since he show all... :bsmilie:

Sion said:
If fingers are considered rude, how about carry a sign with an arrow on it with you when you go out?

:bsmilie: Like that also can :bsmilie:

from an engineer's point of view.... the finger is most precise. Using the thumb is too vague... using 5 fingers adds more to confusion :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.