When shooting fireworks, will a polarizer do any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
Here is my shot,
fireworks93iz.jpg

And here is Clockunder's shot,
dscn00623wj.jpg

What makes his shots more brilliant than mine?

composition...
black card... ( i guess this part, your pics are just u click your shutter then let it go... his pics are using black card with bulb mode always on, den he combined a few fireworks... hence the lower part & background seem more exposed... your fireworks have the same trails so i reckon that it should be yours is using that method...)

But look at the traces of lights, I suspect maybe aperture or ISO are different.
Mine F/11 & ISO 100.

if you want to bring up the brightness of the fw, you can use software to do it..

duplicate the layer and set to screen. the blues should pop up.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
you can try using f8 with iso 400 and see the diff...

ISO 400 will probably over expose the firework,only use higher ISO if you want to add more details in the background.

in this case,no background so no use for higher ISO.Hope not too harsh here.:bsmilie:

From clockunder's pic, it seem to be over PSed.Anyone think so?

for your own pic,maybe cropping to clockunder's size and USM it.

zaxh81 said:
ISO 400 will probably over expose the firework,only use higher ISO if you want to add more details in the background.

in this case,no background so no use for higher ISO.Hope not too harsh here.:bsmilie:

nah, no offended here... ;)

actually depending on the type of fireworks... i felt iso100 is rather low... unless you get noise if you bump to 200 den use iso100.

I see, maybe a tigher zoom and some PS will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.