When PJ wedding photographers go overboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim

Nov 7, 2004
Eastern Singapore
funny. nice editing and the music fits :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: was laughing so loudly that my colleagues came over and watch together....:thumbsup:

hope that those videographers that I've worked with got better things to say abt me ;p

Wow! The wedding couple are really serious in capturing that one moment. I see at least 2-3 photographers covering the event, and not to say the few video cameras used by the videographer. In Singapore, most people are only willing to fork out for 1 photographer and 1 videographer, with maybe some friends as backup for free.

kelccm said:
Wow! The wedding couple are really serious in capturing that one momnet. I see at least 2-3 photographers covering the event, and not to say the few video cameras used by the videographer. In Singapore, most people are only willing to fork out for 1 photographer and 1 videographer, with maybe some friends as backup for free.

And they get paid much more. SG is ai pee, ai chee, ai tua kee. Ai warranty, but don't wan auntie. But best is free.

2100 said:
And they get paid much more. SG is ai pee, ai chee, ai tua kee. Ai warranty, but don't wan auntie. But best is free.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

no la, most of them dont do studio shots, that's why they are willing to get 2 photographers. moreover, IIRC most studios offer 2 photographers to cover the entire wedding, so we could say it's part of the package.

kelccm said:
Wow! The wedding couple are really serious in capturing that one momnet. I see at least 2-3 photographers covering the event, and not to say the few video cameras used by the videographer. In Singapore, most people are only willing to fork out for 1 photographer and 1 videographer, with maybe some friends as backup for free.
Yah lor.. Just say some vows thing need so many photographers. Here got tea ceremony, wake up so blardy early in the morning, rush here rush there, dinner with so many tables to cover and end so late.. only 1 photographer.. bao gao liao..

2100 said:
Free must also give ang pow mah..

All that running around just looks like bad planning on the photogs part.

Something to learn from the clip is that Photographers should be well dressed too (besides hiring a good looking person).

funny part is the last part of the second link! the 'flight of the bumble bee' stops and the photog knocks over something that created a lot of noise!

2100 said:

Usually how much do their photographers get?

2100 said:

behyx said:
Usually how much do their photographers get?
I think some of them e.g. Gary Fong are millionaire by shooting wedding photography.

tim said:
I think some of them e.g. Gary Fong are millionaire by shooting wedding photography.

He makes millions by just shooting weddings alone? Saw his website and he seems to be a photography-business orientated person.. hehe..

As quoted from his site: "Gary migrates between his nine homes in California and British Columbia."

:bigeyes:

"Accidents" do happen.

I saw a photographer knocked down the "Long Fong" candles from the altar. He was moving backwards at that moment while trying to take photos of my friends returning home for tea ceremony. The two candles actually fell onto the ground and extinguished!

I take wedding photography sometimes too, just feel that you need to be extra sensitive and considerate during those times, especially when u r not the only person covering the event. There are times you are so engrossed in the job that you "forget" about other people or things happening around you. Just like the lady in the video.

There was once i covered a wedding. This videographer was so dominating during the shoot that he kept zooming the camera in and out. When i said "zoom", he din used the zoom function on the camera. He was in fact physically moving in and out, all the times, in a small HDB house. He can even moved like close to 10cm from the subject!! Most of the times, I was trying very hard to avoid getting him into the pictures. He seemed to forget that there's another person trying to take pictures too.

That's the reason why sometimes i need to remind myself to give some space and opportunities for others too, while concentrating my photo takes. Well, guess we are all trying to get our job done after all.

Having said all that, if one day i am videotaped, i hope i wouldn't behave like those irritating photographers caught on tape!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.