When photography business is bad, complain to MP?

Luckily I only shoot as a hobby.

TBH, what she wrote in the letter is very true. In fact we have many of her "competitors" here in CS. And many are on student pass or work permit. Sad to say, these people exercise the SAF 8th core value very well....I guess she just have to suck thumb and live with it.

I don't think upgrading her skills will change much, though will help a little. What I feel is she should learn how to do her marketing, to set herself apart from the rest. We all know not all famous photog are great in skills :)

lol..im very interested to know whats the respond from the MP.

the news is 2009......

Like that also can ar?

MP get paid to fix every problem is it? Maybe I should go and complaint to SM Goh since he is our MP....

Business not good then do something about it... FT don't take your job if you can offer better value right?? at least that's what I think.

Regards,

Hart

She should quit bellyaching about the situation. If her work is good and priced accordingly she will get plenty of work.

Photography business depend on networking (40%) and business (40%) skills.

Photography skill just take up 20% only.

If she is good in networking and business skill, even if she charge higher than the rest, I believe she will also get business.

Most important thing is the customer must believe she is the "best" photographer even though her skill may not be pro level yet.

Last edited:
I think this is not about photography and is old news. I think nowadays is harder to bring in other family members other than spouse and children. However, there is no stopping the spouse from seeking employment or opportunities. Imagine if the spouse want to invest in stocks, don't allow her meh?

On the other hand, I noticed many men in the arts and fashion are "girly". Is it a recipe for success for the fashion photographer?

I think this is not about photography and is old news. I think nowadays is harder to bring in other family members other than spouse and children. However, there is no stopping the spouse from seeking employment or opportunities.

What about Malaysian wedding photographers coming to Singapore in the morning and shoot a full-day wedding at much lower rates? :)

What about Malaysian wedding photographers coming to Singapore in the morning and shoot a full-day wedding at much lower rates? :)

Suck it up .
After that try to provide better value so that you can charge at the price you can charge at . No sense competing on price

real man dun carry umbrellas.... we dun hide from competitions, we fight them head on.... rain come, we dun use umbrella to hide from them.....

what the ...... i bet she's not even paying income tax on her own income from freelance work ..... total facepalm + shakehead